2012 Legacy NOS - I hope I got a good deal!

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:49 pm

So while I'm waiting the 8-12 weeks for my newly ordered Doheny to arrive, I couldn't stop perusing Reverb.com and ran across this -

https://reverb.com/item/16073570-g-l-usa-legacy-white-electric-guitar-b-stock-w-case

After reading the shops seller reviews and comparing to similar others for sale, I pulled the trigger and offered him $1000 including shipping. He took it, so I have a new-old-stock USA Legacy on the way in Vintage White and Mint. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for white guitars and rosewood fretboards. Anyways, supposedly - hopefully - there's nothing more than pick marks on the film covering the pick guard.

I think I got a good deal, but we'll see when it arrives. Anything special or awful about 2012 models? I did notice it has a metal plate on the back of the headstock w/serial number. I just kept wondering why it didn't sell. I hope I didn't make a mistake, but it was so pretty in the photos. Sometimes I hate my implulses. haha

Re: 2012 Legacy NOS - I hope I got a good deal!

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Very cool, yeah that looks very nice! I too am also waiting on an NGD (shell pink lefty Legacy) and, much like you, can't wait for it to arrive.

Be sure to post plenty of pics when you get it! HNGD!

Re: 2012 Legacy NOS - I hope I got a good deal!

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:24 pm

I'll definitely post some pics...UPS says it'll be here next Thursday. The Doheny was supposed to be my first G&L, but now looks like it will be my second.