Legacy Fullerton Standard Question

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 am

Hello,

I am planning on purchasing my third G&L guitar. I am considering the Fullerton standard Legacy. I was watching a online review at the Fullerton standard in Fullerton deluxe. In the review It was mentioned the Fullerton Standard does not have passive treble bass, but the deluxe version does.

I went to the G&L site to look at the specs and it does say the deluxe has the PTB system. There was no mention of the PTB system in the Fullerton Standard model page.

So, what is the truth regarding PTB on Fullerton Standard Legacys. If they do not have it I will definitely go with the deluxe version.

Re: Legacy Fullerton Standard Question

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:57 pm

I would be shocked if the standard did not have the PTB system. A lot of reviews have misinformation.
Dan

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Ryanonabike wrote:Hello,

I am planning on purchasing my third G&L guitar. I am considering the Fullerton standard Legacy. I was watching a online review at the Fullerton standard in Fullerton deluxe. In the review It was mentioned the Fullerton Standard does not have passive treble bass, but the deluxe version does.

I went to the G&L site to look at the specs and it does say the deluxe has the PTB system. There was no mention of the PTB system in the Fullerton Standard model page.

So, what is the truth regarding PTB on Fullerton Standard Legacys. If they do not have it I will definitely go with the deluxe version.

For complete specifications of the Fullerton Standard and Fullerton Deluxe models, see: January 25, 2018-present G&L U.S. Specifications & Options.

Perhaps the reviewer confused it with the George Fullerton Signature model which did not have PTB system.

Hope this helps.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Thanks for the replies, el’ Duderinos!

Fri May 15, 2020 6:29 am

hi,

new to the forum and really interested in getting a legacy.

i hate to rivive an old thread but since i have been shopping around and was undecided between fullerton standrad legacy and legacy deluxe, i have been asking more than one online shops (in europe) if the fullerton standard legacy had the PTB circuit and every single one answered that it is available only on the deluxe model. so i am somewhat confused also.

on g&l's site, the ptb is specifically cited on the deluxe page but not on the standard legacy page, which doesn't help either.

i read on another thread that the differences between standard and deluxe were only hardshell case, available finishes, ecc. nothing else in terms of electronics or manufacturing quality.

there a a few decent deals on the standards now so i am seriously considering i am intrigued by the ptb.

since i'm here, and i have never even seen one up close: are the necks both modern C on the more recent issues? are they beefier that a modern strat neck?

thank you in advance

Fri May 15, 2020 8:55 am

marco1970 wrote:hi,

new to the forum and really interested in getting a legacy.

i hate to rivive an old thread but since i have been shopping around and was undecided between fullerton standrad legacy and legacy deluxe, i have been asking more than one online shops (in europe) if the fullerton standard legacy had the PTB circuit and every single one answered that it is available only on the deluxe model. so i am somewhat confused also.

on g&l's site, the ptb is specifically cited on the deluxe page but not on the standard legacy page, which doesn't help either.

i read on another thread that the differences between standard and deluxe were only hardshell case, available finishes, ecc. nothing else in terms of electronics or manufacturing quality.

there a a few decent deals on the standards now so i am seriously considering i am intrigued by the ptb.

since i'm here, and i have never even seen one up close: are the necks both modern C on the more recent issues? are they beefier that a modern strat neck?

thank you in advance

There is some confusion here in your post about the various Legacy models.

Please see this post to see all of the Legacy models over the years: Production List of G&L Instruments (USA).

Legacy - still in production starting in 1992 and is listed in G&L's main website under the Option Order Guitars section.
Here is the link to the Legacy page. You will see that it mentions the PTB system.

Legacy Deluxe - was in production from 2001 to June 2015 and discontinued in July 2015.

George Fullerton Signature model - was in production from 1995 to 2007 and discontinued in 2008. It was based upon the Legacy body and pickups but did not have the same circuit as the Legacy with PTB system. The controls were: 5 position pickup selector, volume, 2 tone (treble roll off). See this post: GF models.

Fullerton Standard Legacy - in production from 2017 to 2019 and discontinued in 2020.

Fullerton Deluxe Legacy - still in production (from 2018 to present), Here is the link in G&L's main website under the Fullerton Deluxe Guitars section: Fullerton Deluxe Legacy.

The Fullerton Standard models came with G&L Gigbags from 2017 to 2019.
The Fullerton Deluxe models came with Deluxe Tolex cases from 2018 to 2019. Beginning in 2020 they come with the G&L Gigbag.

We have the current Specifications and Options in our G&L Knowledgebase, see: Current G&L Specifications and Options.

Hope this helps.

Fri May 15, 2020 11:40 am

it certainly does craig. thank you.

i looked at the links and hadn't noticed that difference between Legacy and Fullerton Standard Legacy. I assumed it was the same model.

What got me so confused was that many online stores seem to have not understood the differences between various models either. i specifically contacted one asking the question "does the Fullerton Legacy Standard have the PTB circuit?" and the answer was "The Fullerton Deluxe model is the only model with the PTB tone circuit".

so, i am going to study some more because i am going to have to purchase without actually having ever even seen one in the end, so i want to be sure.

thanks again

Fri May 15, 2020 2:01 pm

i'm fairly certain that all s-style G&L's (legacy, s-500, comanche, skyhawk) with 3 control knobs have PTB, USA and tribute.
Exception is the SC-3 but they only have 2 control knobs, V and T.
There could be custom made exceptions. Wasn't there a George Fullerton Legacy that was wired like a strat?

Fri May 15, 2020 2:23 pm

drjho7 wrote:i'm fairly certain that all s-style G&L's (legacy, s-500, comanche, skyhawk) with 3 control knobs have PTB, USA and tribute.
Exception is the SC-3 but they only have 2 control knobs, V and T.
There could be custom made exceptions. Wasn't there a George Fullerton Legacy that was wired like a strat?

See my previous post - the George Fullerton Signature Model (was not labelled as a Legacy) and had 1 volume and 2 tone (treble roll off).

Fri May 15, 2020 3:59 pm

The PTB system has a treble roll off (top tone control = Treble/Top) that works on all three pickups. The PTB system has a bass roll off (bottom tone control = Bass/Bottom) that works on all three pickups. Have the guitar store plug in the Legacy you are interested in. It will be quite evident if it has the PTB system in a matter of minutes.

Sun May 17, 2020 2:07 pm

thanks guys