Hello and some of my G&Ls over the years....

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Hey hey,
I recently re-introduced myself after being absent from here for a while, and it's nice to see the updated forum and all of the active membership! Here are some of the G&Ls I've been fortunate enough to own over the years:
My first ASATs, a '93 and a'95, 2001-ish. Regrettably sold both years ago......
ImageASATSorig by Eric Miller, on Flickr

Legacy, early 2000s, also sold years ago.

ImageLEGACY by Eric Miller, on Flickr

2009 Bluesboy I owned last summer. This guitar was spectacular in the neck pickup position- it seriously sang. It also had super-nice inlays and I loved the Shoreline Gold. Ultimately though, the body was thicker than my 3-bolt ASATs and I couldn't get used to kind of "clunky" feeling, so I moved it along.

ImageASATbb by Eric Miller, on Flickr

Current ASAT Classic, 1994

ImageASATclassic by Eric Miller, on Flickr

Current Project ASAT w/Legacy Neck. I need to do the humbucker route yet, and I just ordered a control plate from Rock Rabbit Guitars. Fun fact- it turns out the control plates on 3-bolt ASATs are about 4mm longer than a modern ASAT (or normal telecaster).

ImageASATproject by Eric Miller, on Flickr

There were a couple more I guess I didn't take any pictures of: A white Legacy, a black Legacy Special, and
red Rampage. I don't know what it is, but I've always really liked G&Ls.

Re: Hello and some of my G&Ls over the years....

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 am

Nice guitars :) A question: are the Bluesboys thicker thanthe other ASATs in general, or is that somehting that exists depending on the year of the Bluesboy? I definitely have a Bluesboy in my future and was just curious.

jim

Re: Hello and some of my G&Ls over the years....

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:17 pm

jim777 wrote:Nice guitars :) A question: are the Bluesboys thicker thanthe other ASATs in general, or is that somehting that exists depending on the year of the Bluesboy? I definitely have a Bluesboy in my future and was just curious.

jim

Starting in Febuary 2017, the Original Leo Spec Body Depth (1.625” mill-depth) is standard on all ASAT guitars and ASAT basses.
See: February 1-August 31, 2017 Body Options Other.
This includes the ASAT Classic Bluesboy models. In the early '90s ASAT body depth was changed to 1.780" which is like an early Telecaster.

Hope this helps.