Legacy HSS wiring question

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:09 am

Hello all,

Well, I took the plunge and ordered a custom shop Legacy. It’s an HSS, and I have a question you all might be able to answer. When I look at the diagram posted on this site, it looks like the center pot, which I believe is a treble bleed and not a conventional tone control, is 500k, while the volume and I’ll assume the bass is 205k. I know the Humbucker should see 500k to sound its best, but when it splits it should see 250k.

It looks like G&L answered that with that .024mf cap on the treble bleed, so both modes of the pickup see the optimal resistance.

My question is, am I seeing this right? I know the custom shop team knows what they’re doing, I just want to see if I answered it correctly for myself by looking at the diagram. Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

Re: Legacy HSS wiring question

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:43 am

carbonUnit wrote:Hello all,

Well, I took the plunge and ordered a custom shop Legacy. It’s an HSS, and I have a question you all might be able to answer. When I look at the diagram posted on this site, it looks like the center pot, which I believe is a treble bleed and not a conventional tone control, is 500k, while the volume and I’ll assume the bass is 205k. I know the Humbucker should see 500k to sound its best, but when it splits it should see 250k.

It looks like G&L answered that with that .024mf cap on the treble bleed, so both modes of the pickup see the optimal resistance.

My question is, am I seeing this right? I know the custom shop team knows what they’re doing, I just want to see if I answered it correctly for myself by looking at the diagram. Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

See the Legacy HB wiring diagram (2001-2012) in the Gallery Album: Legacy HB Diagrams.

Hope this helps.