NGD ASAT Classic ‘blues boy’ Mahogany

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:39 pm

Well campers Santa Clause had me on his good list this year. Was able to bring home a sweet HOG Special build ASAT Classic ‘blues boy’ Mahogany. :alright: She had arrived while I was out of town and after my son checked her out was wrapped and I could only look at a box under the tree until Christmas morning. Que Tom Petty "The waiting is the hardest part"....

First impressions are VERY good. Not a super heavy mahogany but dense enough to give that rich tone I was looking for, and the neck feels excellent. These pickups match well with the wood, as you can see described on Jos' page. Just getting a feel for them, only tested in a Boogie F-50 for now.

Jos has a great write up on the history of this special build, see below.
http://www.yowhatsshakin.com/yowhatssha ... ogany.html

I still need to check neck and body date stamp, confirm neck pickup model, and get her weighed, don't have a build sheet. Will post pics of these when completed. Until then, here is latest favorite HOG! (last picture was from the ad)

Re: NGD ASAT Classic ‘blues boy’ Mahogany

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:57 am

Awesome - Glad someone's enjoying a new guitar for Christmas!

Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:55 pm

love it! that blood red color is rich, and a mahogany body asat is a tone machine.
Enjoy, and keep us posted on the updates, Sam!

Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Inspection complete and here are the findings: :searching:

Weight is 7.7lbs

Body date stamp

Neck notes, almost identical neck notes to Jos' same model. Mine adds "Classic", would like to know what "Extra" means

New picture after fret dress and polish, just wants to be played. I'm a sucker for shiny guitars! :happy0007:

Funny side note. When this arrived and my wife was opening and checking it out, she totally freaked out because the arm contour threw her off. She was convinced this was a fake ASAT. Fortunately she looked it up and realized all was good.

Watching some CFB games but will be playing her some tonight!

Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:20 pm

Nice score Sam! (Either by you or Santa)

It is a beauty. But as I write, I wish the pickups would be better balanced. Look forward to a tone report from your side so e can compare notes.

- Jos