Look at the way Rob looks at this G&L Comanche

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Check out this vid from Andertons. Love the way the Comanche confounds Rob. He doesn't know what to make of it.

Look at the way he looks at it at then end of the vid.
phpBB [video]
Last edited by Craig on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit post to put video inline

Re: Look at the way Rob looks at this G&L Comanche

Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Great stuff. And Rob is amazing and knows his stuff.

- Jos

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:39 am

Those Anderton's guys sure are zaney!
Cool that he really liked the large coil MFD's on the tribute ASAT special, as well as the amazing z-coils of the comanche.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:25 am

Thanks for the video, it was quite entertaining - loved the chemistry, and what a great premise!

It resonates with me because the two guitars I like the most in my collection are my Comanche and my ASAT Special - for the same reasons.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:14 am

Fabulous that G&L wins in their hands - I don't have 30 straight mins. right now so I fast forwarded through most of the guitars and paused where I was interested.

I really have to play Jumbo MFDs; hate to admit the only ASAT pickups I've played are the Classic MFDs. In the straight-up comparison video of the S500 & Comanche that's somewhere on YouTube, I feel like the Comanche pickups actually sound somewhat more like a regular single coil than the S500 pickups (not a bad thing.) They do sound great here, and I'd again love to play one someday (preferably on a sickle headstock ;) )

...Yet as a Jaguar fan, 'castrated Strat' sort of hurts :D If they changed no settings between guitars and did not adjust for the Jaguar's peculiarities as expected in the sort of comparison, I would not expect it to sound good though. Still perhaps it's accurate to say those sorts of tones are easier to get from a Jaguar, so I'll give them that.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Jumbo MFDs for the win! :happy0065:

(and the Z-coils in a close 2nd!)

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:26 pm

If only they would figure out what the little toggle switch does. This is the second time they've had a Comanche on, and again with no clue about that.