Are there any tremelo options for a ASAT with a fixed bridge

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Just curious. I love my ASAT but want to play some surf tunes. Are there any options for a tremelo? I didnt know if I could put a legacy tremelo on it or not. Thanks. Also if there is anyone that would like to swap a birdseye lefty neck or a reverse headstock for my right handed birdseye neck let me know.

Re: Are there any tremelo options for a ASAT with a fixed bridge

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Sure. ASATs are available with the Dual Fulcrum trem.

It doesn't make sense to me to change your fixed bridge to a trem and change out the neck. Seriously, I'd sell the guitar and order what you want. -ed

Re: Are there any tremelo options for a ASAT with a fixed bridge

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Take some advice from someone who's been messing around with electric guitars since 1964 and has learned a few hard lessons. Don't mess with good guitars by chopping and changing them around. I've stuffed some really nice axes when I was young.
You're better off searching around for what you want and then buy another axe with the twang bar you need, and keep the one you have. Eventually you'll have a nice little collection which one day will be worth money. You start chopping up good axes and you lose money and some excellent guitars.
I know it takes longer and costs more but in the end you won't be 57 and full of regret over the beautiful axes that you let go unnecessarily.