Neck Profile Questions

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:23 am

Hi guys, 1st post. Nice to meet everybody!

I recently got a Doheny in walnut (monkeypod). It's a very cool guitar, I'm really enjoying it, loving the pickups!

I am, however, struggling with the neck thickness. I get along better with chunky necks. I went to the G&L site to see what custom options were available. It appears that if you want a fuller neck, the only option is a U shape. The descriptions seem a little vague though, not listing much in terms of actual specs. Do they make a chunky C shape profile (not a V or U)? When I say chunky, I'm talking .850" - .870" range. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Neck Profile Questions

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:37 pm

jklotz wrote:Hi guys, 1st post. Nice to meet everybody!

I recently got a Doheny in walnut (monkeypod). It's a very cool guitar, I'm really enjoying it, loving the pickups!

I am, however, struggling with the neck thickness. I get along better with chunky necks. I went to the G&L site to see what custom options were available. It appears that if you want a fuller neck, the only option is a U shape. The descriptions seem a little vague though, not listing much in terms of actual specs. Do they make a chunky C shape profile (not a V or U)? When I say chunky, I'm talking .850" - .870" range. Any ideas?

Thanks!

The Doheny does not have any optional neck profiles at this time.
See these posts in our G&L Knowledgebase forum for the current U.S. specs and options:
January 25, 2018-present G&L U.S. Specifications & Options
Feb. 1, 2018-present Custom Shop Specifications & Options

Hope this helps.