Superhawk & F100 - Body Shapes

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:37 am

Geeked out a bit. Anyone notice the Tribute Superhawk body shape is more 'accurate' than the US body shape? The Tribute has the 'short horns' of the original version, rather than the US 'long horns.'

US:

Tribute:

New F100s have the 'long horn' shape as well, but new Skyhawks have the original style body shape (or closer.)

Original F100 :

New Skyhawk:

Re: Superhawk & F100 - Body Shapes

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Looking at it close, I think your right. Looks like the top horn on the original F-100 lined up with about the 15th fret and the new closer to the 14th fret. Same with the bottom horn. About 1 fret difference. Is that what you are seeing. The burst on the Tribute makes it look shorter, but I do think it is closer.

Re: Superhawk & F100 - Body Shapes

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 pm

The more drastic difference is noticeable on the treble side; the horn is much pointier on the '80s & Tribute models as well. Noticed it when looking at the F100 with EMGs above; I almost wondered if it was actually an F100 at first based on the fat horns, till I realized they're all like that; I think the binding and crisp edges bring out the difference even more.

I can't un-see it; but I don't hate the style of the modern versions either :) Still, pleased they rectified the shape with the new Skyhawk.