Dual-Fulcrum Tremolo Question

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:33 am

Hi, all--I'm new here; just discovered this forum while searching for some information. If anyone could help with this, I'd appreciate it.

I have a Yamaha SC-300T that has a non-locking tremolo on 2 pivots that seem to be about the standard Floyd Rose 74mm apart. The tremolo I have is broken, and seems to be made of really crumbly metal. So I need a replacement--but 74mm post spacing and non-locking tremolo seems to be a very rare combination!

So it seems that the G&L Dual-Fulcrum tremolo may be about the only thing that fits, short of using a Floyd Rose.

The only problem I can see is that I don't think the trem rout in the Yamaha has room for the trem-arm mounting that extends below the trem plate on the G&L model. Does anybody know if that part is removable? If there was just a hole in the trem plate, I could probably rig up something that would hold a lever on without forcing me to rout out the guitar--I really don't want to do that.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Dual-Fulcrum Tremolo Question

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:20 pm

Yes,
It is removable, once you remove the nut underneath the mounting should slip out .

Good luck with the project. I replaced a FR with a DF G&L bridge on a guitar and it worked,
though ideally I should have changed out the bridge posts and inserts too.

Re: Dual-Fulcrum Tremolo Question

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Great--thanks, Elwood! That's exactly the picture I needed to see, and I couldn't find one like it anywhere.