Are thet ASAT Specials??

Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi all;
Two of my guitars are ASAT Specials according to the Invoice, Both US made. I had registered years ago O GBL and now that I am thinking about selling one that I nevetr really played. I wanted to check and see if the Specials ever had Black Pickups? the selector knob is black and Knobs are Chrome. I purchased 03/2003. Color is Metalic Silver. SN CLG 27852 I also have a butterscotch special
which has the black and chrome also. I hope you can point me in the right direction.

PropJob

Re: Are thet ASAT Specials??

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi,

Yes, the ASAT Specials were available with black pup covers. You could order them with either black or white. I am unaware of a "default" color.

edg

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:47 am

guitar_ed wrote:Hi,

Yes, the ASAT Specials were available with black pup covers. You could order them with either black or white. I am unaware of a "default" color.

edg

From the January 25, 2018-present Guitar Pickup Cover Options post in the G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum
of the Knowledgebase forum:

Jumbo Magnetic Field Design (ASAT Special/ASAT Special Semi-Hollow)

Black
Creme
White

If no pickup cover color is selected:

ASAT Special and ASAT Special Semi-Hollow guitars with 3-ply white, 1-ply white or pearl pickguard will be equipped with white pickup covers.

ASAT Special and ASAT Special Semi-Hollow guitars with 3-ply black, 1-ply black, 3-ply mint or tortoise pickguard will be equipped with black pickup covers.

Hope this helps.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Thanks that does help. I will place that info in the files with the guitars, The catalogs are really generic and dealers you work with now are far and few who know this Thank you.
Prop