Doheny options- humbucker?

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Any chance G&L will be offering the Doheny with humbuckers as an option? Doheny with Fallout pickups would be great!

Re: Doheny options- humbucker?

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:04 pm

SciFlyer wrote:Any chance G&L will be offering the Doheny with humbuckers as an option? Doheny with Fallout pickups would be great!

I have not heard of any optional pickups for the Doheny. However, see this post, as they were doing a proto-type of the MFD Jazz HB earlier this year: Proto of an MFD humbucker in a jazz size.....

I have not heard any more on it though ...

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Humbuckers can fit under Jazzmaster covers if you can sort out the mounting, which isn't difficult; there are even covers available with two rows of six poles for that specific purpose.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Danley wrote:Humbuckers can fit under Jazzmaster covers if you can sort out the mounting, which isn't difficult; there are even covers available with two rows of six poles for that specific purpose.

Yeah, that's true. I have a USA Doheny that I really like but wouldn't necessarily want to mod it. Maybe with a Tribute version...

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:25 pm

Craig wrote:
SciFlyer wrote:Any chance G&L will be offering the Doheny with humbuckers as an option? Doheny with Fallout pickups would be great!

I have not heard of any optional pickups for the Doheny. However, see this post, as they were doing a proto-type of the MFD Jazz HB earlier this year: Proto of an MFD humbucker in a jazz size.....

I have not heard any more on it though ...

Nice... Maybe they'll offer something in the near future.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Wan't there a Custom Shop build with a HB in the bridge? I don't think they offer it in standard production, but I think they do in the new Custom Shop.

Dan

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:47 pm

SciFlyer wrote:
Danley wrote:Humbuckers can fit under Jazzmaster covers if you can sort out the mounting, which isn't difficult; there are even covers available with two rows of six poles for that specific purpose.

Yeah, that's true. I have a USA Doheny that I really like but wouldn't necessarily want to mod it. Maybe with a Tribute version...

don't be afraid to mod your USA G&L. Although I think they should, they don't resell very well. Their superb quality is not yet widely known. In fact, you may be able to get MORE resale value if you mod it with a popular pickup or something.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:35 am

WitSok wrote:Wan't there a Custom Shop build with a HB in the bridge? I don't think they offer it in standard production, but I think they do in the new Custom Shop.

Dan

Yes, this is correct.
Here is the one posted on the G&L Custom Shop Facebook page in June:

Just finished this gorgeous Doheny Semi-Hollow in Clear Orange over Ash. This one is custom made with a humbucker in the bridge position.
This beauty is now ready for delivery to UpFront Guitars in Bellingham, Massachusetts.