93 Legacy Pickguard Question

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi, guys

I'm wanting to change my pickguard. I have a 93 legacy sss in off white with 11 holes...everybody I talked to say G&L didnt make 11 hole pickguards unless they were tributes. Its original though and the neck and body are correct. No extra or out of place holes either. Can someone shed some light?
Thanks

Re: 93 Legacy Pickguard Question

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:03 pm

messenjahman wrote:Hi, guys

I'm wanting to change my pickguard. I have a 93 legacy sss in off white with 11 holes...everybody I talked to say G&L didnt make 11 hole pickguards unless they were tributes. Its original though and the neck and body are correct. No extra or out of place holes either. Can someone shed some light?
Thanks

You might contact G&L Product Support and ask them to look up your serial number to get details on the guitar. Perhaps they can shed some light on this.
BTW stock pickguards were made by Chandler. You could contact them and ask if they made that pickguard with 11 holes.
Here is there webpage for G&L pickguards: http://pickguards.us/pricegandl.html.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:32 pm

I found this previous post which might explain the 11 screw pickguard: Which Chandler order code for early Legacy Pickguard?.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Thanks guys. I will def send it in to get a new one cut...I was just surprised because the guy told me he didn't have a template for tribute models and that all US models were 8 hole.