To buy or not to buy?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:14 am

Hi!

in the local ads & I'm kind of on the verge of buying it.
The guy is the 1st owner and the guitar has rarely been played.omes with an original case. the price is 740eur
It's definitely not a custom shop model but as you can see the birdseye is wonderful. It's really a high-end Legacy specimen :D
Now for the doubt part
G&L's are really unknown here in Croatia. Hence the price in the ad.
So if I get bored with it it will be tough to unload for cash...trades, even.
It is a bit on the heavy side and the neck gets real huge as you go up the neck. But other than that it's really a pro-grade instrument. Nothing elese , offered in the local ads , comes even close to this
guitar. Quality or price wise.
So , should I hit it or not? :D

Re: To buy or not to buy?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:46 am

Some guys would pay that much just for the neck.

I say hit it.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:22 am

That is one of my favorite colors _ Fullerton Red?

G&L make guitars that people tend to keep. You will have no regrets.

y2kc

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:51 am

It'a beautiful guitar and I would pick it up in a heartbeat. I fully understand the concern over selling it later, but the magic of the internet is that any potential buyer can find a ton of testimonials as to it's quality. I mean - you are seriously thinking about getting it, so there are probably others in Croatia like you who just don't have the money today, or don't know it exists. Maybe try offering a little less to make you feel better about it - but don't let it get away.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:14 pm

The fact that it is relatively unknown where you are works in your favor from a price standpoint. Unless you give up playing guitar I doubt you will ever want to sell it. I have a similar neck on an S-500. It feels thick up the neck but is really easy to play. It is also birdseye, and I have had it for about 9 years without any problems. For that price, outside the U.S., I don't see how you could turn it down.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:25 pm

It's a bit similar in Australia. Even many knowledgeable musicians here don't know what G&Ls are, and they are not that easy to sell. However, I don't anticipate selling any that I have. I seem to be collecting them instead. The only one that I sold was a Comanche with a Rosewood fingerboard, and it was only because I found another one with maple, which I prefer. Coincidentally, the guy who bought my Comanche was originally from Croatia. If it was me, I would buy it, but only you can say how much you need that cash.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Go for it. It's a nice specimen of a G&L rock steady guitar and like others have said, you will probably never sell it, you will just buy more.

Tom

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:45 am

Love the neck and I'm a fan of Fullerton red. Has more of an orange-red look in person, but it's really cool. I have an SC-2 with a maple board and the Fullerton Red finish. One of my favorite guitars.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 am

There used to be a " Flow Chart " on here you could follow to find out if you need another G&L guitar , not sure where it is ?? . I'm thinking you need it

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:04 am

Definitely buy it!

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:19 am

740 euros ? GOGOGOGO ! =)