PLEK Usage

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:50 pm

Is G&L not Pleking some new guitars these days, or do they no longer list the details on the build Sheet? The reason I ask is that I was looking at a really cool Doheny for sale and the build sheet had no mention of PLEK specs. I don't know about other new models but I did see it on this one and I am curious if it has become an option or something along those lines.

Tom

Re: PLEK Usage

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:59 pm

FZTNT wrote:Is G&L not Pleking some new guitars these days, or do they no longer list the details on the build Sheet? The reason I ask is that I was looking at a really cool Doheny for sale and the build sheet had no mention of PLEK specs. I don't know about other new models but I did see it on this one and I am curious if it has become an option or something along those lines.

Tom

Yes, all US built G&L instruments continue to be PLEK'd. Reference post: viewtopic.php?p=100726#p100726

Craig wrote:G&L changed the Custom Build Specifications sheet recently. It is now called the SPECIFICATIONS sheet. They changed the SETUP AND PLAYABILITY section to OTHER and
now just include the Strings and Case information plus the Competion Date.

All G&L US built instruments continue to be Plek'd as before.

Here is what the new Specifications Sheet looks like:

Also check out these posts (look at the COMMON SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES section of each post):
January 25, 2018-present G&L U.S. Specifications & Options
Feb. 1, 2018-present Custom Shop Specifications & Options

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added additional reference posts