New LB 100 and a bridge question

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:41 am

Been a few years since I've owned a G&L bass, back in the 90s'. Picked up a 2017 LB100 and really happy. Neck feels great and clarity is excellent. I am more of a flats string guy so going to switch the stock strings out. 'How far back does the routed bridge used on these go? I have put KSM Foundation bridges on some other basses I have. I haven't popped this bridge off yet but any one else replaced the bridge on theirs? Yes I like the stock bridge a lot but may want to convert down the road.
Thanks for any input,

Reilly

Re: New LB 100 and a bridge question

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Reilly wrote:Been a few years since I've owned a G&L bass, back in the 90s'. Picked up a 2017 LB100 and really happy. Neck feels great and clarity is excellent. I am more of a flats string guy so going to switch the stock strings out. 'How far back does the routed bridge used on these go? I have put KSM Foundation bridges on some other basses I have. I haven't popped this bridge off yet but any one else replaced the bridge on theirs? Yes I like the stock bridge a lot but may want to convert down the road.
Thanks for any input,

Reilly

phpBB [video]

pretty sure this is still the saddle lock bridge used today. you can clearly see the way it's routed here.
Last edited by Craig on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: put video inline

Re: New LB 100 and a bridge question

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks for the video. I'm sure you're right. Funny seeing that bass as I had one years ago.
:D