NGD: Modern F-100 with mahogany body

Sat May 26, 2018 12:12 pm

I was browsing last week and saw this and made an impulse buy without doing much research.

It appears to be an F-100 with a mahogany body. It didn't come with a build sheet and the serial number is CLF54443.

The seller claimed it was made in 2016 and while it certainly appears relatively new I have no way to substantiate that claim.

I had wanted to try the MFD humbuckers for a while now so this was my opportunity.

Re: NGD: Modern F-100 with mahogany body

Sat May 26, 2018 3:10 pm

It's gorgeous. I wonder if they'll come back again (hopefully with the plate).
So what's your opinion on the humbuckers?

Sun May 27, 2018 6:26 am

Congratulations Dalto! I remember seeing that one. The pictures from the add almost look like CAR instead clear red. Got to admit I was tempted, but fought off the GAS on that one. I really like the black headstock. Very sharp!

Looling forward to hearing what you think of those MFD buckers.

Cheers, Dan

Sun May 27, 2018 10:11 am

I don't know about the date aspect, but that is one hell of a nice looking F-100. I bet those hum buckers sound great too. Do you know what the fret board radius is? I have been looking for a newer F-100 but with the 12" radius like the Series I older guitars. That may be why I did not grab this one unless the price was outrageous.

Tom

Sun May 27, 2018 11:13 am

They really make nice looking guitars and that is beauty! Simple design with premium wood and color.
I imagine it is a joy to play.

y2kc

Mon May 28, 2018 10:34 am

dalto wrote:I was browsing last week and saw this and made an impulse buy without doing much research.

It appears to be an F-100 with a mahogany body. It didn't come with a build sheet and the serial number is CLF54443.

The seller claimed it was made in 2016 and while it certainly appears relatively new I have no way to substantiate that claim.

I had wanted to try the MFD humbuckers for a while now so this was my opportunity.

Seller is off on the build year for sure. It is either 2009 or 2010, see: Serial number significance and Production List of G&L Instruments (USA).

Hope this helps.