Looking at ordering a Fallout

Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi all,

First post here. I spend a lot of time on TGP and I've been really wanting to check out a G&L. I'm left handed so its great that they'll do pretty much everything in my config. Any thoughts from owners on these models? I want a blackburst with rosewood and DFV trem.

Some people have said G&L's are hard to setup and have neck problems (buzzing, dead spots), is this a known issue at all?

Thanks!

Jordan

Re: Looking at ordering a Fallout

Tue May 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Never heard about neck problems or setup issues; every G&L I've picked up has felt great. For sure I hear more complaints about certain other popular brands in particular. I don't think that combo can lose, good luck in your search or spec'ing it out; if you're going to place an order and are concerned about stability of setup it might be good to look into stainless steel frets/quarter-sawn neck.

Tue May 15, 2018 8:01 pm

The Fallout is a fantastic choice. I purchased mine last summer. The neck and frets are perfect on mine. It plays just as good today as it did a year ago, All new G&L's are plek'd at the factory. The store I bought mine from also does a final inspection and setup on every new G&L they sell. I don't foresee you having any problems with a USA Fallout.
Last edited by Challenger on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 17, 2018 9:16 am

Never had an issue with G&Ls made in the US. The quality is amazing. The overseas tribute models are a different story. And setting them up is pretty much the same level of difficulty as any other vibrato bridged guitar.

Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 am

Great guitars ! Fallout is my favorite out of my fleet and already wore the frets off it ( I couldn't put it down , still can't lol), just had my G&L dealer refret with stainless steel ...... I would order the Quartersawn neck option * and * if you can afford it get the Stainless Steel Frets ... Fabulous , versatile , lightweight , very well balanced guitar that I highly recommend , if I can only take ONE the Fallout is it everytime

Eric