ASAT Classic Bridge - what are my options

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi all,
Hoping to seek some advice from you knowledgable folk. Like many a Tele player before me i am not in love with the raised edges of the traditional “ash tray” style bridge. It just gets in my way with picking for certain things. Now I know there are plenty of replacements out there (callaham, glendale, rutters etc) that have a section of those edges removed particularly on the high E string side, however from what i have seen, these seem to be only for the 3 barrel saddle setup and are not drilled for the 6 barrel setup we G&L players have. So am wondering if anyone here is aware of any bridge plate replacement (with part of the edges removed) that is drilled for 6 barrel ASAT Classic saddle setup?
I actually have a Callaham compensated saddle bridge with the cutout in my “project box” that i could use, but i really kind of wanted to retain the 6 barrels if i can.
Any ideas? what have you guys tried? It’s a beautiful, sunburst ASAT classic, semi hollow, with gun oil neck tint and i just dont see myself taking a dremel to the bridge

Cheers
SouthPaw

Re: ASAT Classic Bridge - what are my options

Sun May 06, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm using a Gotoh Modern 6 saddle on my Tribute Blues Boy. It's designed to be a drop in replacement for any standard 4 hole vintage bridge. It's also very high quality with a thicker base plate than vintage.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Q_And ... 29-h640-no