G&L Doheny Tribute

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:58 pm

https://www.facebook.com/GnLguitars/pho ... =3&theater

Dang, now I'm curious.

Re: G&L Doheny Tribute

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:13 am

Tempting but if I bought one I'd still just want to follow it up with a US model, so I might as well go for that straight away :)

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:45 am

goatofballstreet wrote:https://www.facebook.com/GnLguitars/photos/a.179495642742.153348.160781862742/10156203391902743/?type=3&theater

Dang, now I'm curious.

For more info see this post: Some G&L photos from Jan 2018 NAMM.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:39 pm

Craig, any word if a lefty Doheny Tribute will be made? We lefties are DYING for a quality, affordable offset.

Thanks!

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:36 am

Nubs wrote:Craig, any word if a lefty Doheny Tribute will be made? We lefties are DYING for a quality, affordable offset.

Thanks!

I have emailed them to find out.

Stay tuned.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:03 am

Craig wrote:
Nubs wrote:Craig, any word if a lefty Doheny Tribute will be made? We lefties are DYING for a quality, affordable offset.

Thanks!

Stay tuned.

I just heard back from Dave Brown (Director of Marketing):

We have no plans on offering a Doheny Tribute lefty at this point in time. Of course this could change in the future.

Thanks,
dB

You might want to let your G&L dealer(s) know that you are very interested in one. ;)

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Curses! Foiled again!

Thanks for checking.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:20 am

What details do we have on the Tribute Doheny? Several people I know are asking about a Saddle Lock option on the tribute, as well as, weather lake Placid Blue will come in a Tort pick-guard. Stores are saying they will have them in May. Do we have the full specs on these?

~JagInTheBag

Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:02 am

JagInTheBag wrote:What details do we have on the Tribute Doheny? Several people I know are asking about a Saddle Lock option on the tribute, as well as, weather lake Placid Blue will come in a Tort pick-guard. Stores are saying they will have them in May. Do we have the full specs on these?

~JagInTheBag

Yes, we do.... See the G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum in the G&L Knowledgebase.
Here's the link to the post of the Current G&L Specifications and Options.

The latest info I have is that they will be available sometime in May. Also, note that the new G&L website is still being updated and some of the Tribute Doheny models
are currently missing or incomplete. The info we have here in the G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum is the most current.

Hope this helps.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:10 am

Craig (or anyone else here), what do you think it would take for G&L to begin producing lefty Doheny Trbutes? I recently started a thread over at my sub-reddit for lefty guitarists on this topic. Right now, there is a HUGE gaping hole for affordable lefty offsets as virtually no company out there makes them. So the demand is definitely there...it's the supply part of the equation that is missing.

We lefties are prepared to do whatever it takes to get us a quality, affordable offset. If anyone can do it, we know G&L can!

Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:12 pm

I wish they’d make a semi-hollow version. If they would make a Tribute Semi-hollow Doheny, I’d be first in line!

Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Nubs wrote:Craig (or anyone else here), what do you think it would take for G&L to begin producing lefty Doheny Trbutes? I recently started a thread over at my sub-reddit for lefty guitarists on this topic. Right now, there is a HUGE gaping hole for affordable lefty offsets as virtually no company out there makes them. So the demand is definitely there...it's the supply part of the equation that is missing.

We lefties are prepared to do whatever it takes to get us a quality, affordable offset. If anyone can do it, we know G&L can!

G&L does make the three USA Doheny models for lefties, just not currently for the Tribute Doheny. See: Current List of G&L Lefty USA standard production Models.

As I previously posted:

Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:

Thanks!

Stay tuned.

I just heard back from Dave Brown (Director of Marketing):

We have no plans on offering a Doheny Tribute lefty at this point in time. Of course this could change in the future.

Thanks,
dB

You might want to let your G&L dealer(s) know that you are very interested in one. ;)

So, have all your readers on your forum contact various G&L dealers and ask if G&L will offer a Lefty version of the Tribute Doheny.
Or buy one of the USA Doheny models. ;)

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Muleya wrote:I wish they’d make a semi-hollow version. If they would make a Tribute Semi-hollow Doheny, I’d be first in line!

They do make a Semi-Hollow Doheny but currently only a USA model, see: January 25, 2018-present G&L U.S. Specifications & Options.

It was announced and shown at the 2018 NAMM show, see: Some G&L photos from Jan 2018 NAMM.

Hope this helps.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Okay, very cool! It would be cool if it made its way to the Tribute line, but not sure I have high hopes for that.