View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 G&L Locking tuner question 

Post G&L Locking tuner question
I have a question regarding G&L Locking tuners. My 2007 USA Comanche had locking tuners when I bought it, and it was supposed to have been imported that way new. My two ASATs did not, but I ordered these https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/collections/hardware/products/g-l-6-in-line-locking-chrome-tuners-right-hand-only from the G&L store for both of them. As noted there "These are current equipment on G&L USA guitars when locking tuners are optioned" and they have G&L written on them. I've been assuming that they were the same as the ones that came on my Comanche, but I just noticed (or was just reminded) that the ones on the Comanche do not have G&L on them. They otherwise look the same, and I believe are actually made by Schaller. So the question is if these are in fact the same tuners, and did they just start putting the G&L label on them sometime since 2007, or are they something different? I remember reading a thread on here that said that the Schaller style locking tuners that came on G&Ls did NOT have G&L written on them, so maybe they just changed over time, but I can't find that post.
Thanks.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:36 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: G&L Locking tuner question
dhgleaves wrote:
I have a question regarding G&L Locking tuners. My 2007 USA Comanche had locking tuners when I bought it, and it was supposed to have been imported that way new. My two ASATs did not, but I ordered these https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/collections/hardware/products/g-l-6-in-line-locking-chrome-tuners-right-hand-only from the G&L store for both of them. As noted there "These are current equipment on G&L USA guitars when locking tuners are optioned" and they have G&L written on them. I've been assuming that they were the same as the ones that came on my Comanche, but I just noticed (or was just reminded) that the ones on the Comanche do not have G&L on them. They otherwise look the same, and I believe are actually made by Schaller. So the question is if these are in fact the same tuners, and did they just start putting the G&L label on them sometime since 2007, or are they something different? I remember reading a thread on here that said that the Schaller style locking tuners that came on G&Ls did NOT have G&L written on them, so maybe they just changed over time, but I can't find that post.
Thanks.

See: What tuners are used on G&L guitars (USA models)?

Hope this helps.

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:38 pm
Profile WWW

Craig wrote:
dhgleaves wrote:
Thanks.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, and that sort of helps. That is in fact the thread that I was looking for where the person from G&L said "Neither of the locking versions have the “G&L” logo.", but it also illustrates the source of my confusion because the locking versions pictured below do in fact have the G&L logo. Based on the time of the posts, I'm guessing they changed at some point. Either that or the the locking ones that are stock don't have G&L on them but the locking ones that are replacements do? It can't be that though because they say "These are current equipment on G&L USA guitars when locking tuners are optioned" in reference to the ones with the G&L logo on them.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:34 pm
Site Admin

dhgleaves wrote:
Craig wrote:
dhgleaves wrote:
Thanks.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, and that sort of helps. That is in fact the thread that I was looking for where the person from G&L said "Neither of the locking versions have the “G&L” logo.", but it also illustrates the source of my confusion because the locking versions pictured below do in fact have the G&L logo. Based on the time of the posts, I'm guessing they changed at some point. Either that or the the locking ones that are stock don't have G&L on them but the locking ones that are replacements do? It can't be that though because they say "These are current equipment on G&L USA guitars when locking tuners are optioned" in reference to the ones with the G&L logo on them.

Yes, in 2016 G&L changed their tuners, see the latest posts (note the posting date) in What tuners are used on G&L guitars (USA models)?.

Hope this helps.

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]