2018 NAMM Show Doheny Deluxe

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:56 am

This NAMM show Doheny has a finish being developed for G&L Custom Shop.
Here's a Doheny Deluxe in Mako Blue over quilted maple on alder, Saddle Lock bridge,
ebony board, Clear Satin neck finish, Graph-Tech nut.
CLF1711075 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer UpFront Guitars in Franklin, Massachusetts.

Re: 2018 NAMM Show Doheny Deluxe

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Oooooo!!! Mako Blue! Is this a new color or are we being teased by another color we can't have?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Nubs wrote:Oooooo!!! Mako Blue! Is this a new color or are we being teased by another color we can't have?

As mentioned in the post:

So, it will be a Custom Shop only finish.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Craig wrote:
Here's a Doheny Deluxe in Mako Blue over quilted maple on alder, Saddle Lock bridge,
ebony board, Clear Satin neck finish, Graph-Tech nut.
CLF1711075 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer UpFront Guitars in Franklin, Massachusetts.

This was posted on G&L's Custom Shop facebook page:

Reposting from the main G&L page. This is a finish we’re working on for Custom Shop and the prototype body got built out in the factory and displayed at NAMM.
So, while not a full CS build, we think you guys will dig it. What do you think of this finish intended for quilt tops?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:56 pm

Oh, my. That maple is awesome. I hope it goes to a good home.

edg

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:57 pm

These quilted tops are killing me... always wanted one and you are only adding to my GAS.

That one is a beauty and will make someone very happy for sure.

Keep up the great work folks! :happy0065:

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Ok cool thanks Craig. I didn't mean to sound nasty with my original post. I really dig that color especially with the quilted top. Can you tell us if other CS colors will be available?

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Nubs wrote:Ok cool thanks Craig. I didn't mean to sound nasty with my original post. I really dig that color especially with the quilted top. Can you tell us if other CS colors will be available?

Yes, when I hear or read about it on the G&L Custom Shop facebook page, I will post any new CS colors which are available.
I'm sure you've see the first one I posted about: Custom Shop L-2000 body in Dragonskin Blue.

Also check out the new G&L Custom Shop Spec and Options post for the currently available finishes: Feb. 1, 2018-present Custom Shop Specifications & Options.