G&L AW4368 Alnico bridge humbucker

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:55 pm

I'm torn between buying a HSS or SSS Tribute Legacy model, but am unable to to audition any HSS models where I live. I was wondering if anyone had any views or opinions on the AW4368 Alnico bridge humbucker and whether it is comparable to some of the Seymour Duncan variants for example?

Re: G&L AW4368 Alnico bridge humbucker

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:25 pm

SCAD wrote:I'm torn between buying a HSS or SSS Tribute Legacy model, but am unable to to audition any HSS models where I live. I was wondering if anyone had any views or opinions on the AW4368 Alnico bridge humbucker and whether it is comparable to some of the Seymour Duncan variants for example?

See: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.
Note that the Tribute Legacy HSS as of 7/2015 uses the G&L AW4370B Alnico humbucker, see: January 28, 2018-present Tribute Series Production Models.

Check for videos on the Internet (for example: G&L dealers, youtube, Reverb.com).

Hope this helps.

Re: G&L AW4368 Alnico bridge humbucker

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:10 am

Craig wrote:
SCAD wrote:I'm torn between buying a HSS or SSS Tribute Legacy model, but am unable to to audition any HSS models where I live. I was wondering if anyone had any views or opinions on the AW4368 Alnico bridge humbucker and whether it is comparable to some of the Seymour Duncan variants for example?

See: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.
Note that the Tribute Legacy HSS as of 7/2015 uses the G&L AW4370B Alnico humbucker, see: January 28, 2018-present Tribute Series Production Models.

Check for videos on the Internet (for example: G&L dealers, youtube, Reverb.com).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help!