Advice on purchase of 2005 Korea made G&L Tribute HSS

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:49 am

Hello,

I am wanting to purchase my first G&L Tribute Legacy model and have seen an Ebay listing for a 2005 Korean HSS model with the dedicated bridge pickup selector coil tap switch. The reseller is selling with the original G&L gig bag as well as some sets of strings etc. Unfortunately they do not have the vibrato arm and allen key.

The total price including international postage and customs charges (I am in the UK) comes to £560 ( $775).

What are these models like? What is the humbucker like and is this a good deal? Does the dedicated switch offer coil tapping or does it switch from humbucker to dedicated bridge single coil? I've found someone who could source a full vibrato arm system for £35 ($48) so that would increase the overall cost.

I don't like the colours of the current Tribute Legacy models available and want a Rosewood board version. I can't seem to find anything suitable in the UK. I have enclosed the Ebay listing link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202219030269 ... CE:GB:3160

I'm trusting that no one is going to be naughty and sneakily buy it :-)

Thanks!

Re: Advice on purchase of 2005 Korea made G&L Tribute HSS

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:37 am

They are great guitars. The price seems a little high and you could likely buy new from Music Store Live and save a little money.

I've noticed that G&L's aren't well known in the UK but the Anderton's website does a good video on them and they seem to really like them.

Can you get on Reverb.com in the UK? I've had a lot of luck with great G&Ls there.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:36 pm

SCAD wrote:Hello,

I am wanting to purchase my first G&L Tribute Legacy model and have seen an Ebay listing for a 2005 Korean HSS model with the dedicated bridge pickup selector coil tap switch. The reseller is selling with the original G&L gig bag as well as some sets of strings etc. Unfortunately they do not have the vibrato arm and allen key.

The total price including international postage and customs charges (I am in the UK) comes to £560 ( $775).

What are these models like? What is the humbucker like and is this a good deal? Does the dedicated switch offer coil tapping or does it switch from humbucker to dedicated bridge single coil? I've found someone who could source a full vibrato arm system for £35 ($48) so that would increase the overall cost.

I don't like the colours of the current Tribute Legacy models available and want a Rosewood board version. I can't seem to find anything suitable in the UK. I have enclosed the Ebay listing link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202219030269 ... CE:GB:3160

Thanks!

Hello. When I go the listing, it says it sold, so hopefully no one bought it out from under you. In terms of the price, that would all be based on prices in the UK, but that's a bit high to me. I live in Australia and although some people list them for that much here, the two Tributes that I've bought cost me 400 and 350 AUD respectively. Sorry, I just edited my post after realising that the guitar in question was in the US. Based on that, it definitely seems high to me.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 am

coloradojeff wrote:They are great guitars. The price seems a little high and you could likely buy new from Music Store Live and save a little money.

I've noticed that G&L's aren't well known in the UK but the Anderton's website does a good video on them and they seem to really like them.

Can you get on Reverb.com in the UK? I've had a lot of luck with great G&Ls there.

Thanks for your help! Yes I'm checking Reverb UK and Andertons now! :-)

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:06 am

dhgleaves wrote:
SCAD wrote:Hello,

Thanks!

Hello. When I go the listing, it says it sold, so hopefully no one bought it out from under you. In terms of the price, that would all be based on prices in the UK, but that's a bit high to me. I live in Australia and although some people list them for that much here, the two Tributes that I've bought cost me 400 and 350 AUD respectively. Sorry, I just edited my post after realising that the guitar in question was in the US. Based on that, it definitely seems high to me.

Thanks for your reply! Yes it seems a bit high, so I will try and source from the UK.