NGD - 2006 (ish) Legacy HB

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:28 am

After owning a Strat for a couple years, I found myself wanting more out of the configuration. I offered it up for trade online and traded it off today for a 2006(ish) Legacy HB. Initial impressions after 2 hours of playing are very, very favorable. There are some rather subtle differences between my previous guitar and the Legacy that make a large difference in the playability of the instrument. Very quickly I learned to love the tone controls and the different types of frets. I also don't mind the flat radius as it feels quite a bit more like my Martin (very comfortable).

I love the HB bridge and it works well through the Q-Tron and Keeley 1962. The harmonics of the guitar unplugged were great, even with old strings, and they really shone through when plugged up through the YGM-3. After a couple of quick adjustments (intonation and bridge height), a quick cleaning, and a new set of strings I was off and running.

So far, great trade. I'm very happy. These things are really something special. I completely understand them being called "the next evolution of the Strat."

Re: NGD - 2006 (ish) Legacy HB

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:48 am

SupremeDalek wrote:After owning a Strat for a couple years, I found myself wanting more out of the configuration. I offered it up for trade online and traded it off today for a 2006(ish) Legacy HB. Initial impressions after 2 hours of playing are very, very favorable. There are some rather subtle differences between my previous guitar and the Legacy that make a large difference in the playability of the instrument. Very quickly I learned to love the tone controls and the different types of frets. I also don't mind the flat radius as it feels quite a bit more like my Martin (very comfortable).

I love the HB bridge and it works well through the Q-Tron and Keeley 1962. The harmonics of the guitar unplugged were great, even with old strings, and they really shone through when plugged up through the YGM-3. After a couple of quick adjustments (intonation and bridge height), a quick cleaning, and a new set of strings I was off and running.

So far, great trade. I'm very happy. These things are really something special. I completely understand them being called "the next evolution of the Strat."

Congratulations on getting your first G&L :wave:

Please post photos, as it does not exist without them. ;)
See the link to the Tutorial on posting photos in this post: Welcome! Read This First.
And, if you haven't already, please add it to our G&L Registry.

Re: NGD - 2006 (ish) Legacy HB

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:10 am

I can't get the "Thumbs" option to work, but here is one photo.