G&L / 3rd Party Pickguard Options

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 pm

I just purchased a Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow which is gorgeous, but I would love to change out the pearly white pickguard with another.

Any advice on where to easily find such a pickguard, and what your experiences are with each vendor?

On another post I read that the Tribute ASAT Classics used different pg's than the USA versions because G&L decided to simply use the equipment in a factory they acquired that already had Fender Tele machines set up. If that's the case, will a Tele Semi-Hollow HS pickguard fit my guitar?

Thanks so much for having me on this great board and for your thoughts and adventures with any similar issues.

- RDS

Re: G&L / 3rd Party Pickguard Options

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 pm

There's a place online called Pickguard Heaven who can make almost anything you can imagine for any type of guitar. Some of their styles require you to send in a tracing of the current guard...

Hope that helps. I'm still thinking of getting a tortoise guard for my ASAT Classic

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:23 pm

coloradojeff wrote:There's a place online called Pickguard Heaven who can make almost anything you can imagine for any type of guitar. Some of their styles require you to send in a tracing of the current guard...

Hope that helps. I'm still thinking of getting a tortoise guard for my ASAT Classic

G&L Replacement Pickguards from Chandler (aka Pickguard Heaven)
They were the long time supplier of pickguards to the factory and have a downloadable catalog for both old and new models.

Here's the link: http://pickguards.us/pricegandl.html

Another alternative is to look on eBay for G&L Tribute Series pickguards for the Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy and Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow.

Hope this helps.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks to you bith for your helpful suggestions!!

When I choose and receive the new guard(s) I will post pics.

Cheers!