My sister ASATs are finally together!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:22 am

I have had a vision for almost ten years. It began when I did some weird specs for an ASAT special deluxe back in 2007. My main ASAT is solid baby blue and triple bound, but still has a maple top and mahogany body under there. It's heavy as hell, but it's also beastly!

Anyway, shortly thereafter, there was a line of anniversary models with white pickup covers, including the L-2000. The moment I knew it was possible to get an ASAT bass with white covers, I began lusting after a sister bass for my ASAT.

They discontinued baby blue, which I initially lamented, but I adapted. The contrast between baby blue and fullerton red is killer, IMO.

After ten years, I could finally afford it, and placed my order earlier this fall.

What do you guys think? I personally feel like, when appointed like these, they're ASATs at their best!

Not everyone's cup of tea stylistically, I know, but I hope you at least "get" what I'm going for. Anyway, enjoy!

Re: My sister ASATs are finally together!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:49 am

Very nice choices! What is that bridge pickup on the ASAT?

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:57 am

Kit wrote:Very nice choices! What is that bridge pickup on the ASAT?

It's a rio grande "tallboy for ASAT." it's the only pup that fits that offset slot. I wish I had a cover for it, but G&L won't reissue the cavalier pups =].

It's badass btw. If you play modern rock on your asat, get THAT pickup.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Beautiful instruments! I love the binding with those solid colors. Congrats and enjoy!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Nice pair. They go very well together.

Tom