Tribute Series Legacy

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:07 am

New to the forum, ackward newbie "?". I picked up this guitar yesterday and am a bit confused trying to identify it (not to mention posting images). The serial number has me confused and I would very much like to identify the guitar, where & when? The serial number is "05064482". Keeping in mind that I'm slightly color blind, I call the finish tobacco burst, rosewood fingerboard and the rest of the items in the construction I am clueless. Once I figure out how to post images I will do so. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Tribute Series Legacy

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:30 am

Hi Dog,

Here is a tutorial on posting pix: http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10450

It takes a bit of trial & error to get it right, but one of these approaches will work.

Beyond, that I am not sure what issues you are having, but we are happy to help.

Take care,

edg

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:33 am

[img][https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3vwp658kjzxhexs/AAAjbxoupoqE-u_yHMFix5kya4&][img]

Let's see if this works.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:53 am

OldFatDog wrote:[img][https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3vwp658kjzxhexs/AAAjbxoupoqE-u_yHMFix5kya4&][img]

Let's see if this works.

The link to your photo does not exist. Make sure that the link you use is to your photo image.

Hope this helps.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:00 am

OldFatDog wrote:New to the forum, ackward newbie "?". I picked up this guitar yesterday and am a bit confused trying to identify it (not to mention posting images). The serial number has me confused and I would very much like to identify the guitar, where & when? The serial number is "05064482". Keeping in mind that I'm slightly color blind, I call the finish tobacco burst, rosewood fingerboard and the rest of the items in the construction I am clueless. Once I figure out how to post images I will do so. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Your Legacy was built June 2005, so it was a Made in Korea Tribute. See: Serial number significance.
For info on the G&L Tribute Series, see: What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?.

Hope this helps.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:42 am

I got it to work on my computer, did the same tyhing on my tablet and was unable to post the image. This sticker was inside the body cavaity.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:57 am

OldFatDog wrote:I got it to work on my computer, did the same tyhing on my tablet and was unable to post the image. This sticker was inside the body cavaity.

This one worked, so please post more photos showing the whole guitar.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:45 am

A loose connection kept it from firing up so that is why it is in parts.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 am

OldFatDog wrote:A loose connection kept it from firing up so that is why it is in parts.

The body color is 3-Tone Sunburst on Swamp Ash. The pickups are Fullerton made CLF-100 Alnico single coils.
The original pickguard would have been a Tortiseshell guard, so an aftermarket pickguard is there now. I noticed the extra screw hole in the body next to the original one.

Hope this helps.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 pm

:banana:

You have been a tremendous help.

2 more questions.

1. Are their recommended parts suppliers? I would like to buy a cavity cover and possibly a tortoise shell pickguard along with appropriate pickguard screws.

2. Can anybody make a comparison between this LT and a MIM Strat?