General Enquiry

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:46 am

trying to find information on my ASAT G&L is there anywhere you can use the serial numbers (this one is G047333) the cert is signed by leos wife. it's a honey burst I inherited from my father who was a dealer he had some codes I did not understand 3TSB MPL-2c P/p3. is there anyplace to just look up the serial numbers?

Re: General Enquiry

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 am

Looking in the Gallery the guitar shows up in the range of other guitars from the year 1996.

The codes: refer to a 3 Tone Sun Burst (3TSB), and (I think) a Maple #2 neck (MPL-2c).

the P/P3 might be a pearl/3Ply pick guard.

If that helps.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:47 am

Also you can contact G&L directly (via their website) to replace any missing documentation.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Thanks I believe you are right it does have a pearl pickguard. I am new to the forum and hope to soon be able to upload pics. I inherited a bunch of G&L's from my dad who was a dealer and I am in the process of educating myself. All of them have original papers, but I am not sure if they were suppose to come with a paper that showed their components.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:58 pm

welcome to the forum. There should be a tutorial on posting pictures in the forum rules at the top of the main forum menu page. have fun and lets see those guitars. Sorry to hear about your dad but per haps this is one good that came from his passing.

Tom

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:41 am

smithbenifit wrote:Thanks I believe you are right it does have a pearl pickguard. I am new to the forum and hope to soon be able to upload pics. I inherited a bunch of G&L's from my dad who was a dealer and I am in the process of educating myself. All of them have original papers, but I am not sure if they were suppose to come with a paper that showed their components.

See: Tutorial: Posting photos and Serial number significance.

Hope this helps.