Lamenting Lost Lutes

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Hello, G&LDP! Long time, no see! Thought I'd drop in and share my regret over selling my early 2000s Comanche in tobacco burst, with natural binding, parchment guard and black z-coils. Ugh. Why? WHY DID I SELL IT?! I've been watching eBay, TGP, G&LDP and now Reverb forever, waiting for her to pop back up. No luck. I don't even have picture of the guitar any more, due to a rather unfortunate server crash which took out a whole gallery install that housed all of my guitar-related pr0n.

Do not fear, however, I have never left the G&L fold...I have held on to my blue bass boat flake ASAT Z3 this whole time. It's the kind of guitar you need to be really comfortable with your own talent if you intend to play it out, you know? Turns out my 15yo son considers it "his", at least every Friday when he says "I'm going to my guitar lesson" and grabs that one. Every once in a while he'll take my (rare) Heritage H-137DD, but he seems to gravitate to the G&L for practice and lessons mostly.

Anywho, time to make another Manhattan. I trust you are all healthy and well! How about that Doheny, eh?! SEXY!

Re: Lamenting Lost Lutes

Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:35 am

Well you now have a few more eyes on lookout for that Comanche.
Maybe she'll come home.
Good to hear from ya Dick.

:cheers:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:45 pm

Elwood wrote:Well you now have a few more eyes on lookout for that Comanche.
Maybe she'll come home.
Good to hear from ya Dick.

:cheers:

Eh, maybe. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. On the up side, I did just pick up that 3-bolt Skyhawk off TGP. Manhattan's and children's begging do not mix! Maybe I'll get my Z3, back, though. :)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:54 pm

Ha. I saw that Skyhawk on TGP. That is a beauty! Tobacco burst with maple fretboard, right? Great price too! If I wasn't trying to sell guitars, I probably would have bought it. Let us know how it is and please post some pics!

We'll keep an eye out for your Comanche!

Cheers,
Chris

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:12 am

This happened to me once, sold a guitar I really shouldn't have. I emailed the guy I sold it to and bought it back. You need to know who you sold it to, which I guess you don't.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:55 am

Same- I sold my early 90's ASAT Special before I left Detroit in 1995. I've been chasing that tone ever since... The good news is I just purchased an Empress Legacy 8-)

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:48 am

cho wrote:Ha. I saw that Skyhawk on TGP. That is a beauty! Tobacco burst with maple fretboard, right? Great price too! If I wasn't trying to sell guitars, I probably would have bought it. Let us know how it is and please post some pics!

We'll keep an eye out for your Comanche!

Cheers,
Chris

The price was fantastic; seller was beyond stand-up. I actually picked it up for my 15yo son, though I've played it a couple of times. Most recently, I plugged it in to my blackfaced '76 Vibrolux Reverb for a bit which worked out really, really well. The kid loves it, so that's cool. He's actually practicing 1+ hours/day again. :)

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:52 am

blargfromouterspace wrote:This happened to me once, sold a guitar I really shouldn't have. I emailed the guy I sold it to and bought it back. You need to know who you sold it to, which I guess you don't.

Knowing who I sold it to would be a huge help. Alas, that info is long gone. Congrats on getting yours back, though! I managed to do that with a '96 Hamer Studio FM. Sold it, regretted it, scoured ebay/tgp/etc. for almost two years. Guy who bought it put it on ebay; couldn't believe my luck. Best part, he sold it back to me for what I had sold it to him for! Returned in same great condition, too.