New website

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:42 am

G&L introduced the new look of their website today. Looks nice. Only unfortunate thing is that I have to update all links to model pages on my own website. But then again, even the new G&L website has a couple of broken links ...

Oh well.

- Jos

Re: New website

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:42 pm

Jos,

Thanks for sharing, looks good. :thumbup:

Another means of feeding my GAS!

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:47 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:G&L introduced the new look of their website today. Looks nice. Only unfortunate thing is that I have to update all links to model pages on my own website. But then again, even the new G&L website has a couple of broken links ...

Oh well.

- Jos

You can append this string to your existing links to reference the Internet Archives version:

Code:
"http://web.archive.org/web/20170618123843/"

Hope this helps.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:36 am

I have emailed Dave to find out when the new site will be finished.
I also let him know that the photo links in the Factory Inventory lists are not working at the moment.

I will post updates as soon as I hear back.

Stay tuned.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:51 am

So clicking "USA Guitars" seems to throw you into a giant alpha list with no way to sort by model? I really miss old-school web design (like the old website) where information density and organization were more important than having a "slick" looking page with mostly empty space, Win Metro style.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:11 pm

I dig the new site! Looks like there are a few things missing, but overall it looks much more modern!

Craig, any possibility of a custom guitar generator like the aftermarket one?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Nubs wrote:I dig the new site! Looks like there are a few things missing, but overall it looks much more modern!

I have heard that they are planning to do one this year.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Craig wrote:
Nubs wrote:I dig the new site! Looks like there are a few things missing, but overall it looks much more modern!

I have heard that they are planning to do one this year.

That'll be good. So far the new sight is 'meh' to me.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:58 am

Nobody's mentioned the new "custom shop".
http://glguitars.com/customshop/
It looks like you'll be able to order one of a kind options including relic'd finishes.

What's not clear is if you will have to order only from the list of "custom shop dealers".

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:25 pm

suave eddie wrote:Nobody's mentioned the new "custom shop".
It looks like you'll be able to order one of a kind options including relic'd finishes.

What's not clear is if you will have to order only from the list of "custom shop dealers".

I just added the latest Specification and Options posts for the latest US and Tribute Models, plus the new G&L Custom Shop Specifications and Options post.
See this post in the G&L Knowledgebase forum: Current G&L Specifications and Options.

BTW, Dave Brown is actively working on getting the new G&L website updated. Once I hear that it is complete, I will post about it.

Hope this helps.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Any idea if they will ever have anything other than a size 3XL tee shirt in their on-line store section?

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Tooslowhand wrote:Any idea if they will ever have anything other than a size 3XL tee shirt in their on-line store section?

Check with the G&L On-Line Store manager at webstore@bbesound.com Monday-Friday.

Hope this helps.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:18 pm

Done. Thanks Craig. We'll see what they say.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:15 am

I like it. Would be good to see a short bio on the guys & gals who'll be working on the custom shop instruments so you know who's doing it and their background.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:57 am

suave eddie wrote:Nobody's mentioned the new "custom shop".

I emailed Dave Brown when you posted this.

Here's his initial response:

At this point, yes only from the list that’s posted. However, if one of these dealers is not close at all, we can see about working something out. Do you know where he is located?

Thanks,
dB

I had sent him your location and sent him a follow up last Friday.

Stay tuned.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:52 am

Layne wrote:Hey,so clicking "USA Guitars" seems to throw you into a giant alpha list with no way to sort by model? I really miss old-school web design (like the old website) where information density and organization were more important than this top online bookies having a "slick" looking page with mostly empty space, Win Metro style.

I have to disagree with you there. The old site was getting pretty long in the tooth, if you ask me. It also looked kind of like an old geocities archive from the 90s. If anything, I hope they continue to modernize their site!

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:49 am

Layne wrote:Hey,so clicking "USA Guitars" seems to throw you into a giant alpha list with no way to sort by model? I really miss old-school web design (like the old website) where information density and organization were more important than this top online bookies having a "slick" looking page with mostly empty space, Win Metro style.

As an alternative, check out this post in our G&L Knowledgebase, G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum: January 25, 2018-present G&L U.S. Specifications & Options.
You will find links to various examples of most of the Specs and Options. And, I do add new photos often.

For the current Specifications for the Tribute Series and the Specifications and Options for the G&L Custom Shop, see this post for the current links: Current G&L Specifications and Options.

It will take some time for them to get the new G&L website completed.

Hope this helps.