NENA Finishes

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 am

So I have (and love!!!) one of the 2012 Special Collection Nearly Naked (NENA) Honey Ale guitars (legacy). What happened to these finishes. I really dig mine. Were they not popular? Did they not hold up well? Why aren't there more of these type of finishes? At this point, I'd like to try to pick up an ASAT and some others of this collection. I really like the finish and the quality is excellent.

What happened?

Re: NENA Finishes

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:50 am

The Honey Ale NENA Collection was a special run only available in 2012. A couple of years later, they had another Special Collection with the Black Ice NENA finish. Although I do not know the total production numbers, what is known that it is a finite number for each bass and guitar in each Collection. I would have loved to include links to the web pages but as of today, the G&L website has a new look and feel and the previously existing pages are no longer accessible.

- Jos

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:The Honey Ale NENA Collection was a special run only available in 2012. A couple of years later, they had another Special Collection with the Black Ice NENA finish. Although I do not know the total production numbers, what is known that it is a finite number for each bass and guitar in each Collection. I would have loved to include links to the web pages but as of today, the G&L website has a new look and feel and the previously existing pages are no longer accessible.

- Jos

Yeah, i would have linked the pages too because I think the finish is gorgeous, but 404 error. Bah! :)

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:38 pm

pregister wrote:
yowhatsshakin wrote:The Honey Ale NENA Collection was a special run only available in 2012. A couple of years later, they had another Special Collection with the Black Ice NENA finish. Although I do not know the total production numbers, what is known that it is a finite number for each bass and guitar in each Collection. I would have loved to include links to the web pages but as of today, the G&L website has a new look and feel and the previously existing pages are no longer accessible.

- Jos

Yeah, i would have linked the pages too because I think the finish is gorgeous, but 404 error. Bah! :)

This will get the Internet Archives version:

http://web.archive.org/web/201706181238 ... /index.asp

For Jos and anyone else who has links to G&L's main website page:

Add this string to the beginning of your existing link:
Code:
"http://web.archive.org/web/20170618123843/"

Hope this helps.

I, too discover this this morning. It also looks like the new G&L main website is a "work in progress" since the new products have not
been added yet.

I'll ask Dave about it.

Hope this helps.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Thanks Craig. I was already in the process of using the Wayback Machine. The last snapshot taken is from December 5th, 2017, which is what I am using and then you still have to check every single one of them because embedded links on an archived page may go to a different snapshot. But boy, on my site it is a ton of links ...

- Jos

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:05 am

You aren't allowed to start a post about your guitar's awesome finish without posting pics!!! ;-)