New Guitar Day- Fullerton Standard Legacy- Tips?

Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:04 am

My new Fullerton Standard Legacy arrived yesterday. First time I've ever bought a guitar without playing it first. I was impressed with both Reverb and Northeast Music Center in Pennsylvania. Guitar arrived three days after ordering in perfect condition and amazingly in tune.

I'm learning my way around the PTB controls. Different than anything I've experienced. I'd appreciate any tips or advice from you guys about how you set your PTB controls. I've got things pretty much where I like them but always interested in other's ideas.

Don't know how to post an photo but it's an interesting color called "Emerald Blue". Like my other two G&Ls (ASAT Classic and ASAT Classic S) build quality is excellent.

Re: New Guitar Day- Fullerton Standard Legacy- Tips?

Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:51 am

coloradojeff wrote:My new Fullerton Standard Legacy arrived yesterday. First time I've ever bought a guitar without playing it first. I was impressed with both Reverb and Northeast Music Center in Pennsylvania. Guitar arrived three days after ordering in perfect condition and amazingly in tune.

I'm learning my way around the PTB controls. Different than anything I've experienced. I'd appreciate any tips or advice from you guys about how you set your PTB controls. I've got things pretty much where I like them but always interested in other's ideas.

Don't know how to post an photo but it's an interesting color called "Emerald Blue". Like my other two G&Ls (ASAT Classic and ASAT Classic S) build quality is excellent.

We have a Tutorial on posting photos and the link is listed in this post (under Forum rules): Welcome! Read This First.

Here is one of many posts on the PTB system located in our G&L Knowledgebase: PTB System on Legacy.
Hopefully, orher members will share their settings when dialing in specific tones.

Looking forward to seeing your Emerald Blue Metallic Legacy. :searching:

Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:57 am

Thanks Craig!

I'm a moderator on a couple of online lists but have to say your work here is absolutely outstanding. I've always been impressed at the speed, accuracy, expertise and friendliness you provide.

You set a high bar.

Thanks!
Jeff

Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:52 pm

hi Coloradojeff, wecome!
my observation about ptb tone controls is "set 'em where they sound the best."
on various strats in the past, i would usually just dime the tone controls, which seemed as useless as t*ts on a bull.
i find on the legacy and the comanche, that rolling these back to 5-7, both T and B, bring out very desirable tones from these p'ups, depending on which p'up combinations you are using, as well as amp eq settings.
since PTB affects all of the p'up combinations, it becomes very useful for shaping your tone. enjoy!

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48 am

coloradojeff wrote:I'm learning my way around the PTB controls. Different than anything I've experienced. I'd appreciate any tips or advice from you guys about how you set your PTB controls. I've got things pretty much where I like them but always interested in other's ideas.

Welcome!

As far as the PTB system is concerned, when I was getting my head around it, I would start out on maybe five on the bass, and maybe seven on the treble, and dial my preamp to sound "normal" there. That way I could still boost or cut on either control. This was with a Legacy Special (so dual blade hum buckers) so you may want to start a little higher than five on the bass control.

Now they just feel natural, and I move them around all the time.