G&L Fallout Tribute Questions and General Excitement

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 am

HI I JUST GOT MY VERY OWN FALLOUT AND I AM TICKLED PINK ABOUT HOW GREAT A GUITAR IT IS

That's pretty much the entirety of the message I plan on getting across.

I just purchased a G&L Fallout Tribute in Clear Orange over Swamp Ash from Full Compass Music here in Wisconsin for an extremely fair price. I cannot believe the amount of money I just paid for a guitar that FEELS so good, SOUNDS so good, and LOOKS so good. From my understanding it was a limited run as well. The Premier Guitar article I read said they only made 92 total Clear Orange for the Fallout Tribute line and that's kinda cool too!

I have to admit that of the three I tried mine had the best neck (the other two seemed to have been shaped a little more chunky), and in my opinion had it's wood grain matched a little better than the others, but don't get me wrong they were all fine instruments. I'm just saying that there are little differences between guitars of the exact same model that you may want to get your hands around yourself when thinking about purchasing any guitar.

Anyways, I'm really glad I pulled the trigger after hemming and hawing about it for a good 3 years. Can't say I didn't do my due diligence I guess!

I did have a couple questions for the forum vets if any care to respond.

Any idea on where to find info on the specs of the pickups? I don't plan on changing them but in case I want to pick up something different in the future it'd be good to know what I already have in there.

Second, I've been trying to link a picture to my profile but the image keeps showing as broken so that's kind of a bummer since I'd love to show off my new guitar in all it's glory to people who may be interested in seeing it.

I'm going to try to link a picture in this post let's see if I can get that to work at least...

Did it work??

Anyways, hi I'm clearly turning into a delerious lunatic but hi i own a g&l lets talk about stuff ok bye
:luv:

Re: G&L Fallout Tribute Questions and General Excitement

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:36 am

Hey, I have a Tribute Fallout also. I got it used about 6 months ago and it turned out to have an interesting story about it concerning a neck swap. When I first got it I adjusted the pickup height on the humbucker, but left the setup the way it came, which was playable but not great. Last week I spent a few hours tweaking the trussrod, bridge saddles, and intonation. Now it plays quite a bit better, and appears to sound better also.

Here's G&L factory information on your guitar. The pickups are specifically designed for the Fallout.

http://glguitars.com/product/fallout-2/

I also own 2 other G&L guitars and a G&L bass. All of these are US-built. I bought my first G&L guitar in 1999.
Last edited by Craig on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link to the new G&L website page

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 am

Congratulations 2xspade! The trans orange looks great. Very sharp Fallout. Heard a lot of good thing about the Fallout.

The specs for the pickup can be found in this thread below. Scroll down till you find the Tribute Fallout in the model column. Should be G&L AW4470B (Bridge) and G&L AP4285B (Neck)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=38

Cheers, Dan

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:47 am

2xspade wrote:
Second, I've been trying to link a picture to my profile but the image keeps showing as broken so that's kind of a bummer since I'd love to show off my new guitar in all it's glory to people who may be interested in seeing it.

I'm going to try to link a picture in this post let's see if I can get that to work at least...

Did it work??

Anyways, hi I'm clearly turning into a delerious lunatic but hi i own a g&l lets talk about stuff ok bye
:luv:

Welcome! :wave:

Your image post worked fine. :thumbup:

To add an avatar to your Profile, click on the User Control Panel link located on the same line where you logged in.
Then select the Profile option and next, select the Edit avatar link.

You can choose one of these methods to add your avatar:
    Upload your photo from your machine
    Upload from a URL
    Link off-site

Note: avatar photo max size is 200 pixels X 200 pixels.

Also, please add your Tribute Fallout to our G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Welcome, 2xspade!
Nice fallout you have there. The transparent orange over ash is a looker. :searching:
3 years of contemplation is impressive.
I usually ruminate on a new guitar for about a year.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:03 am

Nice one!

I'm a sucker for the clear orange / ash combo, as well.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:30 am

G&L's orange is a great color. Enjoy that guitar, it looks like a keeper!

y2kc

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:20 am

That's a beauty. I'm waiting for G&L to open up all the neck options on the Fallout so I can get one of these.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:10 am

lefty_major wrote:That's a beauty. I'm waiting for G&L to open up all the neck options on the Fallout so I can get one of these.

Actually, they did open up the neck options (1 5/8" nut width only) on the USA Fallout in 2016, see: viewtopic.php?p=101207#p101207.
For the most current specs and options see this post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum: Current G&L Specifications and Options.

Hope this helps.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:16 am

Thanks for the update on this Craig. I'm a fan of the Classic Plus C neck which does't appear on the current price list. The 1 5/8" nut is just not a good fit for me. I will have to wait.