SC-2 Order

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:53 am

I'm looking to order a new custom build SC-2, and I had a question about some specs that my local G&L dealer was unable to answer definitively:

1. Can I order an SC-2 with a slim C neck?

2. Is it possible to get black body binding on a silver metal flake finish? (Only seeing wood-color binding available in some places.)

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Re: SC-2 Order

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 am

From G&L's website, "* SC-2, Fallout and F-100 have no neck profile options available at this time"

I'm assuming the neck is the Classic C. This is the profile most G&L fans associate with the post 2000 era. 1 5/8” nut width, slight edge roll, medium taper from 0.830” to 0.960”. It starts off fairly slim and gets beefier up the neck. These specs were part of the #1 neck. Currently the G&L website list the neck as #1.

As for the binding, from the USA Guitar Options:

Top Bound White ORDER CODE: TBW
Double Bound White ORDER CODE: DBW
White body binding not available with Alpine White, Blonde, Himalayan Blue, Sonic Blue, Pearl White, Vintage White.

Top Bound Black ORDER CODE: TBB
Double Bound Black ORDER CODE: DBB
Black body binding not available with 3-Tone Sunburst, 2-Tone Sunburst, Blackburst, Blueburst, Greenburst, Redburst, Jet Black, Tobacco Sunburst.

So you should be able to get black binding on Silver Flake.

You may want to hurry, according to G&L's Facebook page the SC-2 and F-100 are going ot be taking so time off. :cry:

Hope this helps. Cheers, Dan

Re: SC-2 Order

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:23 am

Jess1971 wrote:I'm looking to order a new custom build SC-2, and I had a question about some specs that my local G&L dealer was unable to answer definitively:

1. Can I order an SC-2 with a slim C neck?

2. Is it possible to get black body binding on a silver metal flake finish? (Only seeing wood-color binding available in some places.)

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

1. No neck profile options on the SC-2, as per the current dealer Price List (September 1, 2017-present G&L U.S. Specifications & Options):

SC-2™ (right-hand only)
Pickups: two jumbo G&L Magnetic Field Design single-coil pickups
Controls: rear mounted 3-way pickup selector, volume, tone
Neck profile: Classic C (no neck profile options)
Radius: 12”
Body wood: alder on standard and solid finishes, swamp ash on Premier finishes
Finish: Standard finishes included

2. Yes, black body binding is available with Silver Metal Flake. See: Examples of Black Binding ....
Black Body Top Binding (not available with 3-Tone Sunburst, 2-Tone Sunburst, Blackburst, Blueburst, Greenburst, Redburst, Jet Black, Tobacco Sunburst)
Black Body Double Binding (not available with 3-Tone Sunburst, 2-Tone Sunburst, Blackburst, Blueburst, Greenburst, Redburst, Jet Black, Tobacco Sunburst)

Hope this helps.