Where can I get saddle screws for 2017 ASAT 1.5mm x 6mm?

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:07 pm

The screws in it now are about 10mm long and they stick out enough to be uncomfortable during palm muting. 6mm long would be ideal. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Where can I get saddle screws for 2017 ASAT 1.5mm x 6mm?

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:03 pm

I cut them down myself and it was much easier than I thought it would be. I used a dremel moto tool with a cutting disk. After cutting I filed the edges and bottoms with a fine steel file and then I polished the bottoms with some 320 grit wet-dry sandpaper. So far I only did the four screws for the 5th and 6th strings and that made a big improvement. I could leave it at that but I think I'll trim the screws on the 4th and 3rd strings too because it is easy to do.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:58 pm

DugT wrote:The screws in it now are about 10mm long and they stick out enough to be uncomfortable during palm muting. 6mm long would be ideal. Thanks for any suggestions.

DugT wrote:I cut them down myself and it was much easier than I thought it would be. I used a dremel moto tool with a cutting disk. After cutting I filed the edges and bottoms with a fine steel file and then I polished the bottoms with some 320 grit wet-dry sandpaper. So far I only did the four screws for the 5th and 6th strings and that made a big improvement. I could leave it at that but I think I'll trim the screws on the 4th and 3rd strings too because it is easy to do.

As an alternative, I use an "ashtray cover" which fits over the bridge.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:04 am

Can you palm mute with that plate? I like to mute within and inch of the saddles. Maybe "Palm mute" is the wrong term for what I do. With my right hand I like to soften the tone. If I want to silence a string I use my left hand.

Maybe the question is mute because my problem is solved. :D I'm real happy with the saddles now that they are smooth because the screws don't extend above them.