F100 pickup defect

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi. Anyone knows how to deal with g&l for a defect pickup? I bought it 2 monts ago. Counting a month a half plus luthier time to mod the pickguard and take his holiday off... I am afraid of the warranty. Also, waiting a whole month and half to recieve it plus the time it will take to send it there... I am kinda unhappy to be fairly honest. Not their fault but already costed me around 300 eith shipping and duties to Quebec. Luthier said one coil got 0 reading meaning it is dead. I will be a long time Without my guitar... Anyway. Any clue? Anyone working at g&l can help me out? Will contact g&l tomorrow but still ask over here. Maybe happened to someone. Thanks! Good day!

Re: F100 pickup defect

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Crusher wrote:Hi. Anyone knows how to deal with g&l for a defect pickup? I bought it 2 monts ago. Counting a month a half plus luthier time to mod the pickguard and take his holiday off... I am afraid of the warranty. Also, waiting a whole month and half to recieve it plus the time it will take to send it there... I am kinda unhappy to be fairly honest. Not their fault but already costed me around 300 eith shipping and duties to Quebec. Luthier said one coil got 0 reading meaning it is dead. I will be a long time Without my guitar... Anyway. Any clue? Anyone working at g&l can help me out? Will contact g&l tomorrow but still ask over here. Maybe happened to someone. Thanks! Good day!

Contact the G&L On-Line Store manager at webstore@bbesound.com Monday-Friday. Include the purchase order number of the purchase.

Hope this helps.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 pm

They were closed the last two weeks of the year over Christmas. If you contact customer service and and explain the issue, they should be willing to send out a replacement pickup ASAP. Simply ask for expedited shipping. ~JagInTheBag

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:51 am

Finally my luthier did overtime on it yesterday. The wire was diaconnected from the ring. He soldered it and now it is working. Just a shame he had to do this on a new pickup sbut all in all, he saved christmas and everyrhing is good. Relieved! Thanks for the answers. Sorry for the unhappy behavior, I should had take it more easy. Peace! All is well that ends well.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Crusher wrote:Finally my luthier did overtime on it yesterday. The wire was diaconnected from the ring. He soldered it and now it is working. Just a shame he had to do this on a new pickup sbut all in all, he saved christmas and everyrhing is good. Relieved! Thanks for the answers. Sorry for the unhappy behavior, I should had take it more easy. Peace! All is well that ends well.

I once had a pickup wired incorrectly from G&L. That was back in like 2008. Their QA is MUCH better now from what I understand. Sorry you got a bit unlucky. It was a quick fix for me too.