Modding a S500 Tribute

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:36 am

Hello from Spain!!

English is no my mother tongue language so, please forgive my language mistakes...

I own a S500 tribute since 2008 and I love it....But during this years I made some mods to it ( from original pickups to dragonfire active pickups and electronics) and now I want to turn it into a "superstrat" project.

Finding a replacement pickguard for G&L guitars is almost impossible here in Spain, so I'm going to keep the original SSS pickguard on mod over this base.

I have a SD hot rails for the bridge position and a cool rails for the neck....Problem is the middle position.

I would like to conserve some stratish sounds on the guitar so I'm consider the option of use one of the original S500 pickups for the middle position and wire the 5 way switch with neck and bridge in split mode for positions 2&4....

My doubts are how the MFD pickup will pair with those 2 pickups. Do you think that this will sound OK or I should buy another pickup for the middle position??

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my English mistakes :(

Re: Modding a S500 Tribute

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:48 am

altoaragon wrote:Do you think that this will sound OK or I should buy another pickup for the middle position??

I guess nobody will know how that combination works and if it will sound good to your ears.

Check it out for yourself! Changing a pickup just lasts about 15 minutes or something like this. ;)