Will serial give me full specs of guitar?

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:51 am

Hi there,I am looking at two g&l's online and have asked the sellers for a pic of the specs sheet.They don't appear to have them as both are used.What they have both done is send me a link to the g&l site,which isn't really helpful,as there could be a different neck size on the guitars etc than the stock specs listed.So is it possible to get the exact specs by having the serial number?I am after every detail possible such as neck radius,neck type,body wood,frets etc.I am still waiting on an email back from one seller as the pic is slightly blurry,but I have the full serial for the other one.I have emailed g&l directly on a few occasions to get some info on things,but they never ever replied,so hopefully on here I will get some solid info.Serial for one guitar is CLF55267 I will post the second serial when I am emailed it.Thanks in advance.

Re: Will serial give me full specs of guitar?

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:17 am

danaconda wrote:Hi there,I am looking at two g&l's online and have asked the sellers for a pic of the specs sheet.They don't appear to have them as both are used.What they have both done is send me a link to the g&l site,which isn't really helpful,as there could be a different neck size on the guitars etc than the stock specs listed.So is it possible to get the exact specs by having the serial number?I am after every detail possible such as neck radius,neck type,body wood,frets etc.I am still waiting on an email back from one seller as the pic is slightly blurry,but I have the full serial for the other one.I have emailed g&l directly on a few occasions to get some info on things,but they never ever replied,so hopefully on here I will get some solid info.Serial for one guitar is CLF55267 I will post the second serial when I am emailed it.Thanks in advance.

Given the quoted serial number, this is still pre-Spec sheet which started with CLF061000. So these are still waterslide S/Ns. Hence it may be a little harder to get full specs, even when contacting the factory. But trying doesn't cost you anything.

- Jos

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:04 am

Oh really?I never knew that.The other guitar is something like CLF20905 so there wont be a spec sheet for that either by looks of it.Whats the best way to contact the factory?I have tried emailing them a couple of times but have never got a reply.I am from Ireland so a phone call would be pricey.Thanks

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:30 am

danaconda wrote:Hi there,I am looking at two g&l's online and have asked the sellers for a pic of the specs sheet.They don't appear to have them as both are used.What they have both done is send me a link to the g&l site,which isn't really helpful,as there could be a different neck size on the guitars etc than the stock specs listed.So is it possible to get the exact specs by having the serial number?I am after every detail possible such as neck radius,neck type,body wood,frets etc.I am still waiting on an email back from one seller as the pic is slightly blurry,but I have the full serial for the other one.I have emailed g&l directly on a few occasions to get some info on things,but they never ever replied,so hopefully on here I will get some solid info.Serial for one guitar is CLF55267 I will post the second serial when I am emailed it.Thanks in advance.

Once you get both serial numbers, email repairs@glguitars.com and ask them for the actual specs and completion date. Note that the factory is closed until Jan. 2, 2018.
They will likely give you the list of the options, so once you get the build year, you can check the Album: Ad Slicks and Memorabilia in our Gallery for Catalogs and Pricelists
to get the standard specifications for each model.

Also, see this post in our G&L Knowledgebase to see the list of optional neck profiles by years: What are the USA neck size options, past and present?.

Hope this helps.