TRIBUTE LEGACY / NECK PROFILE

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello,
Can someone tell me to what USA neck profile I can compare the "Medium C" neck described for the Tribute Legacy models?
Thank you!

Re: TRIBUTE LEGACY / NECK PROFILE

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:51 pm

PALNUCCIO wrote:Hello,
Can someone tell me to what USA neck profile I can compare the "Medium C" neck described for the Tribute Legacy models?
Thank you!

While I don't have a Tribute Legacy, I believe it is similar to this current USA neck profile:
Classic C - This is the profile most G&L fans associate with the post 2000 era. 1 5/8ā€ nut width, slight edge roll, medium taper from 0.830ā€ to 0.960ā€.
It starts off fairly slim and gets beefier up the neck. These specs were part of the #1 neck.

Reference post: What are the USA neck size options, past and present?

Perhaps another member here has both necks and can confirm whether or not this is the case.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:49 am

Hello,
I did try a Legacy Tribute and was disappointed to find out that the neck feels the same as the Modern C neck of my Am. STD Strat.
So I really hope that the #1 neck option on the USA model will be thicker...

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:45 pm

In my experience the Tribute neck feel thinner than the USA necks. I have a Tribute ASAT Special Deluxe and it's neck feel thinner than my USA ASAT Classic S with the #1 Modern C neck. The #1 Modern C on my LE-2 also feels thicker to me than the Tribute model. I haven't measure them to compare the thickness. Looking at them it appears the difference is more about the radius on back side. Best way I can describe it is the Tribute feels more elliptical and the USA more round. I hope this helps.

Cheers, Dan