Blues Boy classic thinline question?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:37 am

I have a 2014 BB classic thinline with the bigger birds eye maple neck. Was that a standard feature or a custom add on? And what should the resale be for this guitar in excellent condition?

Re: Blues Boy classic thinline question?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:13 am

thunderfan1979 wrote:I have a 2014 BB classic thinline with the bigger birds eye maple neck. Was that a standard feature or a custom add on? And what should the resale be for this guitar in excellent condition?

It would have been a special custom option because Birdseye maple necks were not a standard option in 2014. What does the Custom Build Specifications sheet show?
See: 2014-15 (pre-July 1) G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

Current US Fingerboard Options
This information is based upon the August 1, 2014 U.S. Dealer Price List.

Rosewood fingerboard for fretless with or without white inlayed ghost lines (bass only)
Instrument will be set-up with Half Round strings

Ebony fingerboard for fretted basses or fretless basses with or without white inlayed ghost lines

Bird’s Eye Maple fingerboard (fretted bass only)

Ebony fingerboard for guitars

For value determination see this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: Is there a good source for getting G&L instrument values?.

Please post photos of the guitar and the Custom Build Specification sheet. For posting photos see: Tutorial: Posting photos.

Hope this helps.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Bought it used so I don't have the spec sheet , Just have never seen one like mine so I was just curious. Thanks!

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:23 pm

thunderfan1979 wrote:Bought it used so I don't have the spec sheet , Just have never seen one like mine so I was just curious. Thanks!

We'd sure like to see it! Please post photos.