1993 ASAT - visible truss rod nut (Bullet I assume)

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:48 am

Hello,

I need to make a minor tweak to the neck relief on my 93 ASAT and have a slightly paranoid question about the protruding truss rod nut. My assumption is that this is a bullet style nut and that it is not going to come off in my hands if I loosen it bit? I ask because 1. I don't recall it on my previous G&Ls and 2. from what I read, this style nut on a 93 is somewhat unusual.

I assume I can proceed and loosen the nut with no fear?

Thanks, Ken

Re: 1993 ASAT - visible truss rod nut (Bullet I assume)

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:30 am

I'd say your good to go.
My Skyhawk has the same arrangement (late 80's), the hex key inserts itself almost half an inch.
I'm pretty sure they are the bullet style nuts.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am

KenS wrote:Hello,
1. I don't recall it on my previous G&Ls and 2. from what I read, this style nut on a 93 is somewhat unusual.

I assume I can proceed and loosen the nut with no fear?

Not sure where you would have read that because the bullet nut is stock on 1980-2006 G&L instruments.
BTW you can get replacements from the G&L On-Line Store: Replacement Truss Rod Nut Kit ( 80' - 06' ).

Replacement Truss Rod "Bullet" for USA instruments manufactured from 80's - 06'. Included are two brass spacer washers. We recommend professional installation only.
Current US models have dual-action truss rod with integrated bullet that is welded on, not replaceable.

Uses 1/8" hex wrench (not included).

Like Elwood said, yes, you can proceed.

Hope this helps.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:05 am

thank you both for answering so quickly!

regards
Ken