No Pickguard Option...G L Noobe Wants Your Opinion!

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Your opinions please, of an ASAT with no pickguard. Thanks!!

Re: No Pickguard Option...G L Noobe Wants Your Opinion!

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:53 pm

docdynamite wrote:Your opinions please, of an ASAT with no pickguard. Thanks!!

I am a fan of this option with transparent and burst finishes. In case you have not seen this post, check it out: Examples of Pickguard delete option.

Hope this helps.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Depends what you like. I tend to prefer no pickguard purely for aesthetics. No pickguard is not on option on the ASAT Z-3 or Classics S as they both have bathtub routes. I have seen a clear pickguard on one of these however. My ASAT Special Deluxe has no pickguard and my ASAT Classic S has a single ply black guard. Like them both.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Personally, I like the "no pickguard" option newer guitars. The poly finish is harder than the pg material and polishes easily if you don't like pick feathering. Some models are completely "made" by their pickguard though - look at the Fallout- the pg shape totally transforms that body shape.ar

Do what you makes your heart smile, life is short! ~Patrick

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:19 pm

as you can see by my avatar, I'm a big fan of the clean, modern look of a rmc tele. I know in many cases, it's to show off a maple top. i actually prefer solid, non metallic finishes and binding.

if love the asat special deluxe to make a return because an asat special rmc has the tele control plate which I don't think is as attractive, proportionally.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:22 pm

it would be a shame to put a pickguard on this...

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/ma ... emId=25469

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 pm

drjho7 wrote:it would be a shame to put a pickguard on this...

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/ma ... emId=25469

NOOOOO!!!!!!! :shocked003: