GbL LE on Reverb

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Did any of the current forum members score this "www.guitarsbyleo.com LE" on Reverb"? Would be appropriate, would't it?

- Jos

Re: GbL LE on Reverb

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Hey Jos,

That would be yours truly who scored the GbL LE! :alright: Not sure how long this was on Reverb but I just saw it the other night and had to jump on it. I found the GLDP world around 2001 so I missed out on the initial release of this model. Happy to see this stayed in the GLDP family as well.

As seen on The world of yowhatsshakin, http://www.yowhatsshakin.com/yowhatssha ... bL_LE.html

To find these guitars was not hard: of the 25+2 produced, 20+2 are registered and many with the owner listed. But to pry them away from these owners is a completely different story.

Finding these is not as easy any more, but prying it from my hands will be very difficult.

This will be a Christmas present from my wife, and she informed me I will have to wait to open on Christmas day. That's alright by me, the anticipation will be fun. Pictures will be posted for sure. HO-HO-HO

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:51 pm

Awesome Sam!!!!! -- Darwin

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:58 pm

darwinohm wrote:Awesome Sam!!!!! -- Darwin

+1 !

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:45 pm

Thanks guys, definitely looking forward to hearing a little hog and S500 pups.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:00 am

sam wrote:Thanks guys, definitely looking forward to hearing a little hog and S500 pups.

Fantastic Sam!!! Great score! Who!!

And for how long it was listed: less than 2 weeks before you took out of the market ;-)

- Jos
Last edited by yowhatsshakin on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:15 am

Actually, it was there for a couple weeks. I had been agonizing over buying it for a while. I just had to save my GAS money for something different. I will probably not see another one for some time but I am glad Sam picked it up. Being the ASAT fanatic that you are, I'm surprised you didn't already have one Sam. I still remain more of a Leo era guy so could not pull the trigger for fear that something more suited to my collection came up.

Congrats and enjoy the holidays with a new friend.

Tom

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Jos / Tom,

I regularly look up "ASAT" on Reverb so since this was listed as GbL LE it never hit my radar. Would have grabbed it two weeks ago if I knew. Guess it was waiting for me. ;)

Tom, I know the feeling about agonizing over one and missing, a particular ASAT HB comes to mind. You may know of that one. :evilgrin:

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:06 pm

sam wrote:Jos / Tom,

I regularly look up "ASAT" on Reverb so since this was listed as GbL LE it never hit my radar. Would have grabbed it two weeks ago if I knew. Guess it was waiting for me. ;)

Tom, I know the feeling about agonizing over one and missing, a particular ASAT HB comes to mind. You may know of that one. :evilgrin:

Sam,

If I knew you were looking for one I would have given you a heads up. I have no regrets, I might get one some day but actually, that was a very reasonable price for that guitar, not sure you'll see that very often.
I have my eyes on a Leo era Comanche VI and always an Interceptor. I missed a great deal on a X-III a few weeks back, but of course, Jos ended up with it so that's at least a good thing.
What is the ASAT HB you are talking about? Is it this one, the ASAT Special HB?

I was lucky with this and the second one two. Both bought within weeks of each other. I like the rare ones and can't see why this is not considered a Rarebird as less than 35 were built and for a while you could order them as production guitars. At least from what I have understood. Can't beat Mahogany and Ebony, they live together in perfect harmony. Hey, I feel a song coming on!

Anyway, congrats again, play in good health and enjoy a little early Christmas or whatever holiday you enjoy this time of year. (the preceding statement brought to you by PC-FZTNT.Net)

Tom

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Congrats, Sam
Great find. I frequent Reverb listings too and never saw that either.
Too poor right now anyhow.
I've been eyeing the 'burst Cavalier. Good price too.
Maybe someday.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Mutts, thanks and I saw the Cavalier too, needs to be adopted by someone round here.

Tom, yep that sure looks familiar will send pm

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 am

sam wrote:Mutts, thanks and I saw the Cavalier too, needs to be adopted by someone round here.

Tom, yep that sure looks familiar will send pm

We shall see. This one is local to me.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:23 pm

That Cavalier has active electronics, which is a turn off to me. Anyone with experience with the Leo Era E circuit?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Congrats on the GbL LE, Sam! I was wrestling with that one.

That Cavalier is missing a tremolo spring and the trem arm. For some reason, the trem cover screws are missing and only four replaced with slot heads. Original saddles are gone, though I'm OK with Graph-Techs. The active circuit on the Cav only changes the impedance from high to low. That's useful for driving long signal chains through effects without sucking the tone. I have a box that does the same thing that is the first thing my guitar plugs into, and I won't play without it. The active circuit does make that Cav a little more rare...

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:23 pm

tomanche wrote:Congrats on the GbL LE, Sam! I was wrestling with that one.

That Cavalier is missing a tremolo spring and the trem arm. For some reason, the trem cover screws are missing and only four replaced with slot heads. Original saddles are gone, though I'm OK with Graph-Techs. The active circuit on the Cav only changes the impedance from high to low. That's useful for driving long signal chains through effects without sucking the tone. I have a box that does the same thing that is the first thing my guitar plugs into, and I won't play without it. The active circuit does make that Cav a little more rare...

Yeah, the selling dealer and I could not get together on price. I'd have to pay the 10.25% Cook County sales tax to but it from them. Nice player, I pass.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Congrats Sam !!

Jag , The E in my Cavalier doesn't seem to effect sound , I think it's a low impendence switch for when using 100ft or more of Cable (pre wireless era) , I do know when using a Y connector for Two guitars with One amp that toggling the switch will just silence the second guitar (your Buddy ) , lol

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:Congrats Sam !!

Jag , The E in my Cavalier doesn't seem to effect sound , I think it's a low impendence switch for when using 100ft or more of Cable (pre wireless era) , I do know when using a Y connector for Two guitars with One amp that toggling the switch will just silence the second guitar (your Buddy ) , lol

Good to know. Just hear of "battery anxiety" with active electronic guitars and heck, I can't even keep my Snark in fresh batteries! As for the is Cav- I know their bottom line, so If I feel like it, I will grab it. In the mean time, I am enjoying my new Comanche.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Fumble / tomanche thanks much. Just waiting now.

I will look to see if a Cavalier shows up as a NGD from one of you guys as well. :evilgrin:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:58 pm

It's getting closer!

Brown truck arrived but I wasn't there for the hand off, so the first time I see it is under the tree. Can't open until Christmas. :mad0025: My son checked it out and said he may have to keep testing it for a couple of weeks. :-)

My wife said pictures don't do it justice for what it looks like in person. Guess I will find out in 18 days.

[url]https://flic.kr/p/21bmQ4q]Image[/url[/url]

Cool wrapping paper though.

[url]https://flic.kr/p/22gAsRg]Image[/url][url[/url]

Yes, I still suck at posting pictures, will continue to read the manual :searching:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:20 pm

If you play the tune on the paper, does the gift unwrap itself?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Now I'm getting bummed out...anytime someone says "pictures don't do it justice for what it looks like in person" and they're not talking about my guitar and it's one I passed on...it bums me out.

Well done Sam, I hope the termites in the Christmas tree leave it alone, better check though, it would work on my wife...LOL

Tom

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Well the wrapping paper is off and I am glad to share pics. :happy0065:

She is better looking in person as my wife said. These pics will do all I can share. Also unwrapped on Christmas morning were the two Leo Fender books shown in one pic. The Leo Fender: The Quiet Giant Heard Around the World book is a signed copy (Phyillis Fender and Randall Bell) and George and Leo by George Fullerton. Very pleasant surprise. :banana:

With all the case candy, original receipt, and even including the Letter from Brad Traweek on the history of our favorite web page and a write up from Greg Gagliano. Picture with books is closer to wood color. Only downside is the volume knob is a little off. Knob has to be 1/2 to full on for good volume. No scratchiness, pot may need cleaning or replacement. Tone is rich, and these pups with the semi-hollow hog body does have a sweet sound.
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Will be in the woodshed with this one for a while. ;)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:11 pm

Welcome to the club, Sam. I have 22 of 25, but sadly it doesn’t get as much play as it should since I need a guitar with a tremolo for my band. The guitar I play the most is still a G&L, it’s my 1990 SC-3.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:09 am

What a great looking guitar Sam. BTW, did yours come with the certificate? My #19 unfortunately didn't because it got misplaced when the previous owner moved.

Happy Holidays again my friend!

- Jos

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:51 am

Very nice Sam, wonderful guitar. I forgot they were semi-hollow though. I used to own a G-word 335 and couldn't ever crank it up without feedback unless I was fifty feet from the amp. Are the ASAT semi-hollow guitars like that too?

Tom

Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Kit - Thanks, glad to be a new club member. This club membership thing can be addictive. At least that's what I'm told. :evilgrin:

Jos - Happy Holidays to you as well. Here's a close up of the certificate. Was very glad this had as much paperwork as they had.

Tom - This is only my second semi-hollow and have not had feedback problems. BUT, have not played much semi-hollow so will watch this over time.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Very Sweet! Congrats again Sam! Love all the case candy and the tweed case to boot!

Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:52 pm

Congrats ! It is certainly a unique guitar. I have to be honest, the decal would bother the hell out of me ( aside from the G&L ).

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Sam, beautiful and unique ASAT LE. Love the 'hog wood grain and the semi-hollow, + 3 p'ups, very versatile and bet it's toneful!
Have fun with that one!