Doheny Ground Issues?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:22 am

HI,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I just got a new Doheny and it sounds fantastic. The only issue is that when I remove my hands from the strings (or any other metal element) a loud hum occurs, along with popping and crackling. Placing my hand on the bridge eliminates the problem, but alters my technique and desired strum placement. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be a loose or broken ground connection? I really want to keep the guitar, but all that noise makes it unplayable.

Thanks

Re: Doheny Ground Issues?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:58 am

Sounds to me like a grounding issue. If you have, and are familiar with, a multi-meter and soldering iron, it should be easy to find & fix. If not, m a luthier should be able to deal with it easily.

But I would not return it or anything like that.

edg

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:19 am

guitar_ed wrote:Sounds to me like a grounding issue. If you have, and are familiar with, a multi-meter and soldering iron, it should be easy to find & fix. If not, m a luthier should be able to deal with it easily.

But I would not return it or anything like that.

edg

Thanks.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:31 am

tdizzle wrote:HI,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I just got a new Doheny and it sounds fantastic. The only issue is that when I remove my hands from the strings (or any other metal element) a loud hum occurs, along with popping and crackling. Placing my hand on the bridge eliminates the problem, but alters my technique and desired strum placement. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be a loose or broken ground connection? I really want to keep the guitar, but all that noise makes it unplayable.

Thanks

It does sound like a loose or broken ground connection. If you are not able to track it down and fix it yourself, contact the selling dealer as this would definitely be covered by the warranty.
Hopefully the dealer has a guitar tech there and if so, should be able to get it fixed for you in their shop.

Let us know how it gets resolved.

:ugeek: