repairing the new dual-action truss rod

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:53 pm

I bought a second hand Tribute ASAT. The previous owner stripped out the truss nut so that an allen wrench no longer works. Since the truss nut on the newer G&Ls are not replaceable, what needs to be done to make the truss rod operational again? Anyone know?

Re: repairing the new dual-action truss rod

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:18 pm

pharoahjay wrote:I bought a second hand Tribute ASAT. The previous owner stripped out the truss nut so that an allen wrench no longer works. Since the truss nut on the newer G&Ls are not replaceable, what needs to be done to make the truss rod operational again? Anyone know?

I've sent your post to one of my factory contacts. As soon as I hear back I will post his reply.

Stay tuned.

:ugeek:

Re: repairing the new dual-action truss rod

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Craig wrote:
pharoahjay wrote:I bought a second hand Tribute ASAT. The previous owner stripped out the truss nut so that an allen wrench no longer works. Since the truss nut on the newer G&Ls are not replaceable, what needs to be done to make the truss rod operational again? Anyone know?

I've sent your post to one of my factory contacts. As soon as I hear back I will post his reply.

Stay tuned.

I have not heard back yet from my G&L contact, but since you bought this Tribute second hand, it would not be covered under any sort of warranty from G&L.
So, you might look for a replacement used Tribute neck on eBay and other selling sites. Tributes seem to be regularly parted out, so availability of
necks should not be a problem. I do recommend that you look for necks which were made in the same country of origin as the one on your Tribute.
That way you should not have any problems with the neck fitting your Tribute. And, of course, you will want to see photos of the neck and the truss rod nut.

Hope this helps.