G&L Indo ssh strat pickup, pickguard questions etc

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Hey guys new here

I recently got 1 of those Indo g&l's,mahogany strats, ssh..I have a few questions

Where can i get a sss pickguard for it?

Will stock black covers on the gl fit a fender pickup etc?

Are the standard american singles fender's the same as seymour duncan ssl-1's.. I read that only once here. Im gutting it soon,, Im not against a full size humbuber but i have a Sd lil 59.

thank u

Re: G&L Indo ssh strat pickup, pickguard questions etc

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:50 pm

Pickguards from G&L can be bought at Chandler (pickguard heaven).

http://pickguards.us/

Have to specify the model and state it's an indonesian (different measurement than USA one's so, if you don't specify, it won't fit your guitar). As I recall, you cannot fit a fender cover but ain't sure, gotta check later on, got a loose G&L pickup and a loose fender cover. What I am certain of is the fender cover won't fit S500 pickups. As for the pickups, fender don't use seymour duncan as stock. Usually, american standard are fat 50's. If you want a real humbucker sound, single coil size humbucker won't sound as fat or full. Not even close. They sound great, but far from the full size, different. Having that in mind, they are something else, but sound nice and good. Have a JB jr, like it, sound good, but different. I prefer full size, but it's a matter of taste. Dynamic is different.

Cheers!

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:28 pm

As Crusher stated Chandler is the most common source for replacement pickguards. Since they don't make the oem guards for the Tributes, you need to send them your existing pickguard. They might be able to use a paper pattern. Some others might have more info based on their experiences (I haven't replaced any pickguards). The CL100 pickups are drop in replacements for Fender strat pickups so I would think the cover likely fits.

Cheers, Dan

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:27 pm

I just checked and yes, fender pickups cover fits clf (G&L legacy pickups). At least, for 2012. :)