Show me the various "whites"

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:12 pm

I'm looking to get a Kiloton 5 bass. I want a nice gloss white with mint pickguard. The problem is that I can't tell what each white really looks like: Vintage, Alpine, Pearl.

I've seen a post on ebay with a Vintage white and mint guard that looked like a slightly off-white, but the Vintage White example on the G&L site looks like a very creamy white.

Could anyone do a shot of all three whites using the exact same lighting so I can see the difference? I like the Ernie Ball Caprice Bass white and mint. Does anyone know which G&L white is closest?

Thanks for your assistance.

Re: Show me the various "whites"

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:33 am

I have a Vintage White SC-2. It has a yellowish/creamy tinge. Sorry, no photos to provide you, and the photos that were part of the Reverb listing I purchased it from didn't accurately represent what it looks like in person.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:14 am

That's what I thought.

So is Pearl white a more pure white than Alpine? Or the other way around?

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:44 am

I think you want Alpine White. Pearl white is a metallic finish similar to Lake Placid Blue, Candy Apple Red, Margarita Metallic... I like the metallic finishes, but sounds this me you want just white.

Cheers, Dan

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:20 am

Yup. That answers it. Alpine white it is.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Edgetone wrote:I'm looking to get a Kiloton 5 bass. I want a nice gloss white with mint pickguard. The problem is that I can't tell what each white really looks like: Vintage, Alpine, Pearl.

I've seen a post on ebay with a Vintage white and mint guard that looked like a slightly off-white, but the Vintage White example on the G&L site looks like a very creamy white.

Could anyone do a shot of all three whites using the exact same lighting so I can see the difference? I like the Ernie Ball Caprice Bass white and mint. Does anyone know which G&L white is closest?

Thanks for your assistance.

We have various examples of all finishes, see this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: February 1, 2017-present Body Finishes.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: