NGD ASAT Trinity

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:43 am

I love the smell of maple in the morning! :alright:

Had to pull the trigger on this ASAT Trinity. After years of reading about the mystical ASAT and never seeing one for sale, this baby came along. Fortunately original custom case and all the case candy included, even the often searched but rarely found Buffalo Brothers guitar pick. :evilgrin:

For a semi-hollow (no f-hole) it does weigh a little more than similar ASAT, compared to an ASAT Z3 SH no f hole. Most I’ve read about were around 8 lbs which sounds about right for this one, maybe less. Will weigh and confirm. It’s not "heavy" by any means though. This one has 12” neck that feels just right and middle pup does not get in the way to me. Between the maple body and the three big mfd's this has a very unique sound, unique in a good way. Not as hot as a Will Ray signature, but covers a lot of ground. It still gets the ASAT sound I love as well. The expander mixed with these overwound MFD’s is pretty rich. I am sure when I have more time more tones will be found. :searching:

Thank you George, Tim and Bob, job well done! :happy0065:

A fine history of this guitar by way of our own Jos’ webpage
http://yowhatsshakin.com/yowhatsshakin/ ... ition.html

Re: NGD ASAT Trinity

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:28 am

Great looking guitar. Congratulations!
What year is it?

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 am

Awesome! Congrats! That is a beauty! How are the 2 and 4 "quack" positions?

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 am

Congrats on the great find Sam! She is a beauty.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:09 am

Thanks guys,

mutts it's a 2006 according to sales tag, I haven't taken beck off yet.

cho, with only short inspection and playing time no deep analysis yet, but I like what I heard.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Beautiful !! ... and the Candy to go with it really knocks it out of the park , congrats

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Yes Fumble, the candy was a true added bonus.
Thanks

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:24 pm

What at Machine!! I bet that thing can bust some tone for days. Might be to many variants and drive you nuts! When that happens, shoot me a line and I'll take her off your hands.

Nice find Sam, congrats. I have seen one or two of these recently on the bay and verb sites, is this where you got this or some other outlet? Just wondering cause I might want to pick one up myself and wonder about a fair price.

Tom

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Congratulations! I've been watching the one on Reverb and one on eBay---they are so rare, but I couldn't quite pull the trigger...Someday!

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 pm

mighty nice, Sam, that's the trifecta of ASAT's! enjoy...

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:10 am

FZTNT wrote:What at Machine!! I bet that thing can bust some tone for days. Might be to many variants and drive you nuts! When that happens, shoot me a line and I'll take her off your hands.

Nice find Sam, congrats. I have seen one or two of these recently on the bay and verb sites, is this where you got this or some other outlet? Just wondering cause I might want to pick one up myself and wonder about a fair price.

Tom

Just do it Tom. Believe me, you won't be sorry. These are some of the most versatile and amazing sounding guitars around, irrespective of brand and make. Bob Page's Trinity is the 2nd most frequently played guitar in my collection. Fact!

- Jos

P.S. Once again, congrats on this great score, Sam!

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:08 am

Nice one Sam, it's great seeing something virtually untouched and with everything in its place. Hope it sounds and plays as good as it looks!

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:12 am

Thanks to all,

This was one of the Reverb offerings.
Tom, I am typically a 2 pup ASAT guy and used to think there would be "too many variants", but the Will Ray model broadened my perspective. :evilgrin:
tomanche, you are correct about the rarity, that was my main driver to pull the trigger on this one. As well as Jos' write up on his web page.
John, trifecta indeed! Maybe I should fill out this warranty card. :lolno:
Jos, you are the enabler. :thumbup: In the short time I've had my hands on this one, tone wise it kind of reminds me of the 20th Anniv. which I love.
Jaime, totally agree. Original owner knew what they had for sure.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:17 am

The more I look at it, the purdy-er it becomes. Great looking guitar.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:51 am

Congratulations, Sam!

Here's our information on this Rarebird: ASAT Trinity Special Edition.

:sign0011:

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Dan / Craig thanks guys,

Dan, I was thinking the same thing today. This shade of white isn't the blazing white.

Craig, thanks for posting the additional information, the more others know maybe we can convince others to round up those runaway Trinity's out there. :evilgrin: Thanks also for clearing her in the registry.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:35 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:
FZTNT wrote:What at Machine!! I bet that thing can bust some tone for days. Might be to many variants and drive you nuts! When that happens, shoot me a line and I'll take her off your hands.

Tom

Just do it Tom. Believe me, you won't be sorry. These are some of the most versatile and amazing sounding guitars around, irrespective of brand and make. Bob Page's Trinity is the 2nd most frequently played guitar in my collection. Fact!

- Jos

P.S. Once again, congrats on this great score, Sam!

Jos, Yes, I do want one of these models but would prefer the 12 inch radius if I can ever find one for sale. Probably should have bought the one Sam did but had to spend my GAS money on something a bit different which we will see soon. The Trinity on eBay right now is asking for quite a high price. Maybe when the time is right I can make an offer that suits us both if I decide to settle for the 7.5 neck. Not that I'm against 7.5 necks, I have plenty but would like to add some wider, lower necked guitars to my collection. Time will tell, you never know...

Tom

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:07 am

Congratulations Sam! I was eyeing it too, but since I already have a Mithlodian Special S-3, I figured I would collect some other models for now. I am curious about the all maple body and how it might sound different. Beautiful guitars and I am sure it plays and sounds fantastic!

Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Fantastic looking with the maple board!

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Thanks guys,

Tom, the 12" neck was an added bonus. I like both 7.5 and 12 neck a, but when I saw 12" on the spec sheet got a big smile.

Gothink, I am not the most technical guy but the maple seems to add a little clarity to the tone. Could be the pups as well. It reminds me a bit of the 20th Anniv. and those special wound pups. The chambered body keeps the weight down on the traditionally heavy maple. I was asked if positions 2 and 4 had the "quack", yes it does.

Talent man, the maple board was another seller for me. I dig a maple neck. :thumbup: