Dualing Serial #s?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi,

A couple of months ago I purchased an ASAT III from a local seller. I registered it here. Today I received a message from "the registry" that someone else has registered a guitar with the same serial #.

The serial # is question is G049934. The attached photos are of my guitar, taken 15 minutes ago.

Photo1

Photo2

The link to the "competing" guitar is:

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/AUTOREG/int ... =6&i=14563

There are only two options. Either the other user entered a type, or G&L sold a guitar with a duplicate serial #.

Mike

Re: Dualing Serial #s?

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:19 am

Based on the description, they appear to be the same guitar... would you say that is accurate? If so, it may be that someone registered it after seeing the ad for it. If you think it is the same guitar, then just claim to be the owner, and all will be well.
Last edited by cho on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:13 am

The registry automatically contacts the existing owner when a guitar is registered by someone else such as a new owner just in case there is something funky going on. If you didn't steal it, don't be worried.

Tom

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Mine is a sunburst - 2 or 3 tone. I own a cherryburst Classic S and a sunburst ASAT Special, so I think I know what color mine is.

It would be nice if the person who over-wrote my entree would respond. I don't like the idea of someone else claiming "ownership" of my guitar.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:05 am

themikeaustin wrote:Mine is a sunburst - 2 or 3 tone. I own a cherryburst Classic S and a sunburst ASAT Special, so I think I know what color mine is.

It would be nice if the person who over-wrote my entree would respond. I don't like the idea of someone else claiming "ownership" of my guitar.

Mike,

I looked into this and see that your entry was changed by another member who also owns an ASAT III and he mistakenly edited your entry .
I sent him an email and BCC'd you on it. Please edit the registry entry for your ASAT III and make sure to change the ownership back to yourself.
The body color of your ASAT III is 3-tone sunburst.

This does not happen very often, but having the email sending notification which Brad Traweek included in the G&L Registry allows us to catch this.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks, Craig!

I was able to contact the other user - his handle is his email address - prior to your email. I've changed the entry back and taken ownership.

Mike